• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

NBA Playoffs 2011

Yankee Saini

ਅਣਖ ਨਾਲ ਜੇ ਜਿਊਣਾ ਤਾਂ ਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ ਮੇਹਰ ਜ਼ਰੂਰੀ ਏ ll
‎"At the end of the day, all of the people that were rooting for me to fail, tomorrow they'll have to wake up and have the same life that [they had] before they woke up today. They got the same personal problems they had today and I'm going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things I want to do."
- LeBron James

p.s. WELL SAID!!! :)

Kush

weak. weak weak weak. Beating the Heat = bigger than the trophy itself. THAT is the truth.

Avneet

Yankee Saini said:
‎"At the end of the day, all of the people that were rooting for me to fail, tomorrow they'll have to wake up and have the same life that [they had] before they woke up today. They got the same personal problems they had today and I'm going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things I want to do."
- LeBron James

p.s. WELL SAID!!! :)
Such is life. What's his point?

J Hayer

we really need to stop giving lebron so much attention...it's done, it's over, they lost. on to next year. this is about the mavs and dirk and kidd and terry and their legacy imho

bhangrathug

Congrats to dallas....well deserved. next year the heat must win it all. Heat had a good run, most people believed they wont make the finals the first year, while others believed they will win it all. It turns out everyone was wrong. They will get a chance at it next year, but Dirk won't. I'm happy for Dirk, If the heat were destined to lose in there first Finals appearence, I'm glad it was to Dirk Nowitzki. much respect for the guy.

Yankee Saini

ਅਣਖ ਨਾਲ ਜੇ ਜਿਊਣਾ ਤਾਂ ਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ ਮੇਹਰ ਜ਼ਰੂਰੀ ਏ ll
bhangrathug said:
Congrats to dallas....well deserved. next year the heat must win it all. Heat had a good run, most people believed they wont make the finals the first year, while others believed they will win it all. It turns out everyone was wrong. They will get a chance at it next year, but Dirk won't. I'm happy for Dirk, If the heat were destined to lose in there first Finals appearence, I'm glad it was to Dirk Nowitzki. much respect for the guy.

Couldn't agree more! ;D

p.s. Congrats to KIDD N' Nowitzki! well deserved!!! :)

Navkarn

"Why didn't Lebron James go to college?
Because, he wouldn't show up for the finals."

Keep the jokes coming!

Love

Dwyane Wade bumped into me on the sidewalk and I was automatically called for a blocking foul.
No?
I guess it worked better in 2006 :)

Love

Flo Rida - We Already Won "Music Video" [Miami Heat Anthem]

Mark Cuban rented out club liv for the night and ordered 250 bottles. Place is packed and the Mavs + Mavs fans are partying it up in south beach! Dayumn. Takin over the city

Harkamal, Lebron is the biggest dick of a basketball player currently to be saying that. He basically said, "screw you fans, I'm rich and I don't care." This is coming from a guy that had the same background growing up as the people he is putting down. Quit fu**ing talking.

Mark Cuban: "Our fans punked the hell out of the Miami fans."
That's pathetic for Miami fans. Its a close out game, and you're letting Mavs fan root and somewhat drown you out in YOUR HOUSE? Weak.

Oh, you can't spell Lebron James without having A LOSER in there. Get it?

Gugu

As much as I like Lebron, he really needs to keep his mouth shut from here on out till he wins a championship. Remember when Kobe was in the finals for the first time in the post-Shaq era and how serious he was with only one goal in mind, that's the kind of discipline and drive Lebron needs if he wants to get over the hump. Even at the press conference, he kept referring back to how he did things in the previous series and all that bs. That has nothing to do with the finals. If you don't deliver in the finals like you're supposed to, then thats what the world will remember.. not what you did leading up to the finals. Admit you have weaknesses and improve them. Talkin about how people will have the same problems tomorrow as they did today.. well no shit dude, just STFU, and play the damn game. Drive in to the bucket hard like you did for 99% of the season and finish games off like you're supposed to. To the Miami Heat - STOP PASSING AND SHOOT THE DAMN BALL ONCE IN A WHILE FOR GOD'S SAKE. On numerous plays today, there were one too many passes, guys in the air tryin to figure out what to do with the ball and just plain throwing it away. For the last 2 games, half the team looked clueless on the court, esp as soon as Dallas would go on a small run. These guys are good when they have a lead in the series or a strong lead early in the game. If they don't get that cushion, they flat out choke. Wade was the only one who showed some heart in the last couple games but the rest of the team was disappointing. I guess I just had higher expectations from them the way they were playing in the playoffs. But I knew the way they celebrated after the Boston series that they were gonna get too complacent and it showed. Almost looked like beating the Celtics was their championship (Lebron in tears, etc.), while you had Dirk here who just walked right to the locker room after finishing off the Thunder. You could tell who wanted it more all series long and the better team won.

This series is the reason why 95% of the people who follow the NBA would prefer MJ/Kobe on their teams no matter how much they like Lebron. The man simply can't finish important games. Hopefully he's learned something from this series and will come out next year with an even stronger drive to win.

Stop the decisions, the immature fake cough bs, the twitter updates putting it on god, the "we're gonna bring 5, 6 championships to miami", the "in 07 I won 0 games, now I won 2, next time I'll win 2 more hopefully", king this king that... STFU AND PLAY THE GAME. Close out a game that matters and nobody will doubt you.

Get a decent roleplayer in the off season too while you're at it. Oh and tell Bosh to grow a pair.

Love

Bosh showed his pair today in the post game though. He called out his team mates for not getting him the ball. He actually had his shot going on throughout the game, too bad he didn't get enough touches

Gugu

Love said:
Bosh showed his pair today in the post game though. He called out his team mates for not getting him the ball. He actually had his shot going on throughout the game, too bad he didn't get enough touches
You're right, I just like picking on Bosh. It's like that one kid that everyone picks on in high school but half the people picking on him don't really know why they're doing so.

Gurbir23

Gugu said:
Love said:
You're right, I just like picking on Bosh. It's like that one kid that everyone picks on in high school but half the people picking on him don't really know why they're doing so.
fucking bosh that ostrich/velociraptor offspring looking motherfucker

oh also:

City of Dallas just announced tomorrow is Lebron James Day. Everyone gets to leave work 12 minutes early!
70 years after WW2, LeBron James has America rooting for the German.

Kush

had a whole post, deleted it, no point.

All i'm saying is that in 5 years, the way you all are acting, noone in the league will remember that it was the Mavs that won... only that the Heat had lost.

Can you feel the hate? i can :)...