• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

NORCAL-Disappointment/Shady Comp

Dholi Gurjant

Hasn't Bhangra just became a mockery of our typical Indian society now a days. People complain about everything. If you want answers regarding pranks that were pulled feel free to ask me because I was standing on the fourth floor listening to people complaining about PANJ putting super glue on other teams doors. Beside that point we had the Hotel management come to us and complain regarding that. Threatening us about this unruly behavior. And honestly when it was mentioned weeks in advance regarding transportation to this competition is limited and that we will be transporting teams from San Francisco to Modesto at certain times we by all means expect you guys to abide by those rules. I know you had a few members fly into Oakland do to it being a bit cheaper in pricing but from what I happen to recall a couple committee members went and picked them up in the morning.

-Also as mentioned in one of our earlier posts we sincerely apologized for not waking up in time to transport you back to San Fran. I know how it feels to have to get a cab to be on the save side because a committee member did not wake up on time. I myself paid a little over $150 for just a cab. Trust me I feel the pain that shouldn't be necessary but when Ash called you before you actually took the cab apologizing and said we will transport you, you denied it and took the cab instead. So if you think about it you or whoever took the cab still made the choice to take the cab. You need to realize working as a CEO of the Comp after having loads of stress from the complications from the show hearing every teams bickering that its going to be tough to transport a team we he himself was up till 6:30 in the morning trying to calm down teams and deal with hotel management. Next we will accommodate something.

-Now for judging yea you guys didn't place. Everyone feels as if the placed I agree you guys had a solid performance. But as I spoke to the judges they all said it comes down to the numbers in the end. Everything was calculated, I overhead you guys talk to judges, when the entire team is circling around one judge, yelling and complaining trying to get an explanation from him what do you expect him to tell you? The entire team was hassling the judge, is that what this team happens to do after every competition that they don't place at? Because honestly I feel the judges pain.

- Honestly its completely ridiculous to sit behind a computer and rag on a competition continuously and try to say this comp is better than that one. We try to make situations better on teams, yea I agree we had complications through the entire night yet every team needs to realize this year was way more difficult to work with than last year. The entire committee had to learn how to work many technical areas on there own during tech time alone just like a typical team rehearsal. This venue did not give us much at all. Trying to make our competition look bad and take sides with another competition doesn't look iffy at all? I mean seriously you guys were pulling pranks the hotel management complained regarding it and now your taking sides with another competition and that goes for both repliers on this board. We have nothing against Warrior I myself as a committee member of NorCal also competed at Warrior. I have nothing against them and I know quite a few of the committee members personally myself. Rather competitions, judges, committees members and so on are becoming biased its more of the teams that are influencing these biased tactics. BTF is seriously turning into a lace of hatred then what it was implemented for. We will take all comments into affect as in what to avoid as in issues and what to work for next year but having people literally sit here and talk crap and take sides of other competitions is complete ridicule of what our Bhangra community is turning into

Dholi Gurjant

Also to add another note, regarding people on the committee supposedly say that BK was promised a win? Where in gods name does BK going for the Hat trick mean that there going to win? I myself considered this entire line to have an ass load of under dogs. PANJ and BK had the top names but every teams competed at the level, I myself spoke with the judges and they said it was the hardest competition they have ever judges. Because every teams was so close in potential. Every team was so close in judging that it came down to a matter of 1 to 2 points. The score sheets will be emailed to every team.

Navkarn

Dholi Gurjant said:
Hasn't Bhangra just became a mockery of our typical Indian society now a days. People complain about everything. If you want answers regarding pranks that were pulled feel free to ask me because I was standing on the fourth floor listening to people complaining about PANJ putting super glue on other teams doors. Beside that point we had the Hotel management come to us and complain regarding that. Threatening us about this unruly behavior. And honestly when it was mentioned weeks in advance regarding transportation to this competition is limited and that we will be transporting teams from San Francisco to Modesto at certain times we by all means expect you guys to abide by those rules. I know you had a few members fly into Oakland do to it being a bit cheaper in pricing but from what I happen to recall a couple committee members went and picked them up in the morning.

-Also as mentioned in one of our earlier posts we sincerely apologized for not waking up in time to transport you back to San Fran. I know how it feels to have to get a cab to be on the save side because a committee member did not wake up on time. I myself paid a little over $150 for just a cab. Trust me I feel the pain that shouldn't be necessary but when Ash called you before you actually took the cab apologizing and said we will transport you, you denied it and took the cab instead. So if you think about it you or whoever took the cab still made the choice to take the cab. You need to realize working as a CEO of the Comp after having loads of stress from the complications from the show hearing every teams bickering that its going to be tough to transport a team we he himself was up till 6:30 in the morning trying to calm down teams and deal with hotel management. Next we will accommodate something.

-Now for judging yea you guys didn't place. Everyone feels as if the placed I agree you guys had a solid performance. But as I spoke to the judges they all said it comes down to the numbers in the end. Everything was calculated, I overhead you guys talk to judges, when the entire team is circling around one judge, yelling and complaining trying to get an explanation from him what do you expect him to tell you? The entire team was hassling the judge, is that what this team happens to do after every competition that they don't place at? Because honestly I feel the judges pain.

- Honestly its completely ridiculous to sit behind a computer and rag on a competition continuously and try to say this comp is better than that one. We try to make situations better on teams, yea I agree we had complications through the entire night yet every team needs to realize this year was way more difficult to work with than last year. The entire committee had to learn how to work many technical areas on there own during tech time alone just like a typical team rehearsal. This venue did not give us much at all. Trying to make our competition look bad and take sides with another competition doesn't look iffy at all? I mean seriously you guys were pulling pranks the hotel management complained regarding it and now your taking sides with another competition and that goes for both repliers on this board. We have nothing against Warrior I myself as a committee member of NorCal also competed at Warrior. I have nothing against them and I know quite a few of the committee members personally myself. Rather competitions, judges, committees members and so on are becoming biased its more of the teams that are influencing these biased tactics. BTF is seriously turning into a lace of hatred then what it was implemented for. We will take all comments into affect as in what to avoid as in issues and what to work for next year but having people literally sit here and talk crap and take sides of other competitions is complete ridicule of what our Bhangra community is turning into
thank you for keeping it real. +1

Dholi Gurjant

Navkarn said:
Dholi Gurjant said:

thank you for keeping it real. +1

No problem man

sgrewal30

BDR Official Fan said:
Upload all the scoresheets and your recorded converstion with the judges. Talk is cheap. Lets see something real and valid from both sides.
*insert lil wayne lyrics here*

Sue Sylvester

kinnell
SherPunjabi408 said:
Where's Kinnel at??? LOL jk jk =]
I think there's a clear difference between whining with vague, nonconstructive complaints and criticizing with very detailed incidents. PANJ has done the latter and while their criticism is a bit biased due to the fact that they did not place, I felt they brought forth legitimate concerns in an appropriate manner. Instead of saying things like "We knew the judges were jealous of our awesomeness and standing-for-truth-iness from the beginning. They let out evil cackles of smugness as they stole our innocence. It's not our fault that the Obama administration hates us.", Harkiran very specifically mentioned what the judges said to them in addition to incidents where the competition organizers seemed to be at fault. These are legitimate concerns that should NOT be dismissed as "whining" or "useless" (for the most part, but any distraught team is allowed 1-2 absurd statements as long as the rest of the review is sound).

Competitions should be held accountable for their actions. If NorCal is at fault in anyway, then teams should not be afraid to voice their criticisms for fear of being dismissed as "whiny" by the BTF community. As I said before, there's a difference between saying "We don't get into any competitions because a voodoo curse has been placed on our team." and "All of the judges stated that they placed us 2nd.". One is straight silly and the other one can be validated/disproved. Don't confuse the two, guys!

In line with BDR Official Fan's thought process, the easiest way to disprove any wrongdoings by the competition is being transparent with the judging process. NorCal should simply release all judging sheets of all the teams. FTW Entertainment seems very dedicated to improving their competition and openly looking for areas of improvement, so I'm sure they will follow through.

Dholi Gurjant

Sue Sylvester said:
SherPunjabi408 said:
Where's Kinnel at??? LOL jk jk =]
I think there's a clear difference between whining with vague, nonconstructive complaints and criticizing with very detailed incidents. PANJ has done the latter and while their criticism is a bit biased due to the fact that they did not place, I felt they brought forth legitimate concerns in an appropriate manner. Instead of saying things like "We knew the judges were jealous of our awesomeness and standing-for-truth-iness from the beginning. They let out evil cackles of smugness as they stole our innocence. It's not our fault that the Obama administration hates us.", Harkiran very specifically mentioned what the judges said to them in addition to incidents where the competition organizers seemed to be at fault. These are legitimate concerns that should NOT be dismissed as "whining" or "useless" (for the most part, but any distraught team is allowed 1-2 absurd statements as long as the rest of the review is sound).

Competitions should be held accountable for their actions. If NorCal is at fault in anyway, then teams should not be afraid to voice their criticisms for fear of being dismissed as "whiny" by the BTF community. As I said before, there's a difference between saying "We don't get into any competitions because a voodoo curse has been placed on our team." and "All of the judges stated that they placed us 2nd.". One is straight silly and the other one can be validated/disproved. Don't confuse the two, guys!

In line with BDR Official Fan's thought process, the easiest way to disprove any wrongdoings by the competition is being transparent with the judging process. NorCal should simply release all judging sheets of all the teams. FTW Entertainment seems very dedicated to improving their competition and openly looking for areas of improvement, so I'm sure they will follow through.

Completely agree to this statement, teams voices should be heard and data will be released to the teams. Will get in contact with Ash regarding all topics mentioned.

nb0913

if the competition was located near SFO, then why would you expect the organizers to drive an hour away to oakland to pick you up?
it's a competitions job to accomodate to dancer's needs, to the best of their ability, but that doesn't mean they're gonna go around cali to pick up teams, because it was cheaper for them to fly to a different airport. they have 10 other teams to look after as well. granted, when Gajjde Gabroo went to Pioneer 2010, we were picked up and dropped off almost 30 mins away, and we really appreciated it. but when Khirre Phul Gulab De went to Idols, we had to figure out our ride situation from Seattle to Vancouver, because flying to Seattle was cheaper. if you're gonna fly somewhere other than the competition city, then it's your problem, not the competitions.

complaining about organization is one thing, but simply bashing because the competition didn't go the way you wanted it to is dumb. i'm sure the competition had organization issues (which they themselves admitted), but this is simply a rant about how you think you should've placed, and bashing on the organizers

jvirkie

[SIZE=small]personally, the teams that won deserved it. so stop your complaining and try giving us examples of what can be done to make the comp better for years to come. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=small][/SIZE]
[SIZE=small]-Nor-Cal Committee:)[/SIZE]

Archana

Nikhil B. said:
if the competition was located near SFO, then why would you expect the organizers to drive an hour away to oakland to pick you up?
it's a competitions job to accomodate to dancer's needs, to the best of their ability, but that doesn't mean they're gonna go around cali to pick up teams, because it was cheaper for them to fly to a different airport. they have 10 other teams to look after as well. granted, when Gajjde Gabroo went to Pioneer 2010, we were picked up and dropped off almost 30 mins away, and we really appreciated it. but when Khirre Phul Gulab De went to Idols, we had to figure out our ride situation from Seattle to Vancouver, because flying to Seattle was cheaper. if you're gonna fly somewhere other than the competition city, then it's your problem, not the competitions.

complaining about organization is one thing, but simply bashing because the competition didn't go the way you wanted it to is dumb. i'm sure the competition had organization issues (which they themselves admitted), but this is simply a rant about how you think you should've placed, and bashing on the organizers

Oakland Airport is closer than SFO. And you don't have to pay toll. SFO is further out.
(lived in the bay area my whole life, I know this.)

Yankee Saini

ਅਣਖ ਨਾਲ ਜੇ ਜਿਊਣਾ ਤਾਂ ਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ ਮੇਹਰ ਜ਼ਰੂਰੀ ਏ ll
CHAOS! :mad:

Is it 2012 already? :eek:

nb0913

Archana said:
Nikhil B. said:

Oakland Airport is closer than SFO. And you don't have to pay toll. SFO is further out.
(lived in the bay area my whole life, I know this.)
oh ok, i mean i don't have any knowledge of cali to be honest haha. i just assumed oakland was further becuase the competition was charging extra to go there. that's my mistake then.

Gurvir

Hkiran said:
- we had 2 dancers who were flying in friday night to oakland, and norcal said they could not go pick them up and we would need to find our own ride. So 2 of our team members left the mixer to dive a hour to go pick them up= Hassle

- on sunday morning 3 of our dancers had flights from SFO. We were told that the organizers parents or something were going to be at the hotel. In the morning no one showed up, we called about 5 ppl from the organization and no one answered = The dancers ended up paying $250 for a cab
We had the same thing happen to us at CSUN last year, we had to leave the mixer to get dancers who were flying in late, and we had to catch cabs to the airport after we were told we'd have rides in the morning. Throwing a proper Competition isn't some easy little task, it seems like everyone and their mom's are trying to organize comps

Ricky Kingra

Gurvir never again compare LVB to the fourth best team in North America. Lethal Vibe sucks they didn't want you guys at CSUN in the first place. <3

Gurvir

Ricky Kingra said:
Gurvir never again compare LVB to the fourth best team in North America. Lethal Vibe sucks they didn't want you guys at CSUN in the first place. <3
I hate you <3

But as to addressing the point of the topic... PANJ, welcome to the world of SHAFTAGE! I've experienced that shit way too many times ha

NavDheri

No offence to anyone...but please just post up the score sheets for all the teams...so this way everyone can just see what the judges really put for ever team. Everyone has opinions, speak your mind, but don't put PANJ or NorCal down until we all see the score sheets.