• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

NorCal Winners

peepni

ok so first n third were good they deserved it but MVP hahaa lmao their coach was actually in one of the judges! ?????? i guess organizers couldnt find a judge..

ENVY BANG-RUH

Let the music move you!!!!!
peepni said:
ok so first n third were good they deserved it but MVP hahaa lmao their coach was actually in one of the judges! ?????? i guess organizers couldnt find a judge..
OH WOW, What a way to make a mark on the bhangra scene.

MVP-First Comp
2nd Place*

peepni

yeah that was actually pretty obvious win.....but thats just disgrace man why would u even organize a competition when you dont know nothing about judging and have NO judges?

Somi

Hookah is NOT harmful!
peepni said:
yeah that was actually pretty obvious win.....but thats just disgrace man why would u even organize a competition when you dont know nothing about judging and have NO judges?
disgrace? hahha WOW, I actually was talking to the judges after the comp. If you went up to them and asked them how they judged you, they would have told you. With the scoring sheet. These fellas broke down how they scored you. So really, they did a good job judging. plus they dropped the highest and lowest score and averaged the rest.
but They had 6 judges! of the 6 I recognized 4 active dancers.
MVP was a local team---the 5 extra points helped them out.

ChakDePhatte

I was at this comp, it was pretty nice having the opportunity to see some new and up coming teams.

Columbia definitely deserved first. Competition was really modern and they executed really well, formations hit plenty of times. Boom boom pow mirza haha that was interesting.

Bruin Bhangra has improved immensely since last year, outfits were nice but the team was messy at times. Second place in my book.

MVP, you guys definitely have improved since I saw your last video, good job. But I don't agree with the placing unfortunately. You guys came out with a lot of energy, and the mix was dope. Toward the middle of the routine however, many people were dying out, legs didn't lift, nakhra was replaced with tired expressions. Maybe a contender for third place.

Project Bhangra, I didn't get to catch much of your routine, however I saw some. First off, dude who's chadra fell off, that must have been embarrassing. Remember to double knot and pin your chadra! And I could've sworn you weren't wearing shorts underneath...don't do that again haha. You guys have also improved a bit since bulldog, but you've got a way to go. Practice practice practice

PBA, at times you were messy and not in sync, formations weren't too complex but they weren't too clean either. Work on developing your own style of dancing, be it traditional, modern, or something in the middle.

LAPD, I was surprised you guys went with 8 dancers instead of 12 that I remembered from West Coast Crown, especially since the stage at NorCal was probably 1.5 times as big as WCC. You guys definitely filled up the stage, but some formation felt too close to the front of the stage (width wise they were fine). I noticed at times a few girls forgot some moves, and at times people forgot formations and turns. Energy out the door was high, and a lot of you finished with energy as well. Tall dude in the blue/red had ill nakhra. What hurt you the most probably was forgetting moves...you gotta practice and go all out in your run-throughs.

In my head, I had
1st: Columbia
2nd: Bruin
3rd: LAPD/MVP

Interesting note: Apparently a handful of the judges were current dancers from BABC? Seeing that MVP and PBA both placed without Bruin placing shocked me. What surprised me more was that some of those judges were MVP's and PBA's coaches. This doesn't mean that the coaches were biased toward those teams, but I just find it hard to give the judges credibility in this case. Just my .02

Nonetheles, congrats to placing teams

PBA

Congrats PBA .You guys were amazing.Good to see new strong co-ed team coming up from bay area.

kiren116

just to clarify. PBA had no coaches on the judging team
our coach was watching. backstage. thankyouVERYmuch.

Archana

peepni said:
Just to clarify, MVP has no coach in the first place.
Also, all the judges clarified all their scores to each and every team, and it was all fair.
Thank you.

On a side note, what team are you on Peepni, because it is evident that you came on here right after the show. In no disrespect at all, but please know all the info before you judge a person or a team. All the teams at NorCal worked their asses off, and everyone did an excellent job. Congrats to Columbia, you guys ripped it. PBA, you guys were amazing, loved the outfits, saw a couple BK guys on there, nice. Can't wait to see you guys at Warrior. :)

Somi

Hookah is NOT harmful!
There were 2 members from BABC, 2 from HPD and 1 member from 3D. The 6th judge I dont know.