• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

    New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

OFFICIAL Bhangra in the Burgh 2008 Results/Discussion

sulmoney

smd, bitch
Messages
532
Not yet, but...
Please post official results and keep discussion regarding the results and the show to this topic. Thanks
-BTF Mod Squad
 

TWZM

New Member
Messages
1
Moderator's Note: Interesting case here. Post removed for now. You'll hear more from us in a bit, but certainly not through the e-mail address you hacked...

Update: Banned.
 

freaxs03

Ride the Beat
Messages
61
I don't know if anybody knew, but Bhangra in the Burgh got an automatic BOB bid, so that means VCU has an invitation to go to BOB in San Francisco.
 

Raashi

New Member
Messages
152
congrats to all the winning teams!!

how do they decide which comps are bob bids??
 

Sher

Member
Messages
91
My Review:

Rutgers: Started the show out with a bang. Simple choreo, but coordinated and live. I was pretty sure they would place, and they did.

Cornell: Wasn't really feeling the whole drumset thing, but the guitar wasn't bad.

Northwestern: Alot better than I expected, pretty entertaining.

VCU: Im not gonna comment, cuz im on the team.

Columbia: Pretty clean, but wasn't feeling the mix. Songs were too old.

UVA: For me, they were the surprise team of the night. Solid performance out of them, other than the pagh malfunction at the beginning. I would not have been surprised if they placed. 3rd was definitely a tossup between them and drexel, but drexel had a slight edge.

Drexel: Another typical Drexel performance. Good choreo, solid performance, but didn't have the wow factor to put them over the edge. Well deserved placing

NYU: Im not really a fan of the modern style, but theyre good at what they do. I'm not sure, but I think they had some dancers that were only on stage at certain times. This was really distracting because these dancers stayed sidestage, but the audience could still see them moving around.

CMU (exhibition): this team really surprised me too. They were actually a solid team. I feel bad for the girl that kept falling, but the set was entertaining and I think they had 16 people.

MC: This guy was hilaaarrioousssss. Best MC I have ever seen at a comp. This guy really might have been funnier than Russel Peters.

Exhibition Comedy Group: these people really pissed me off. They opened with random offensive jokes that wouldn't even have been ok to say if they were brown. Worst one was "great show but I cant see the stage so Im gonna have to ask the people in the front row to take off their HATS". I know they were joking around, but I really hope these people don't come back next year. Other than them, the show ran very smoothly. Good job organizers.
 

kamdeol

New Member
Messages
76
first off, congrats to all the teams that placed, i didnt hear any complaints at the afterparty so im guessing all the placings were done right this year lol

second, i wish i could have been able to actually watch the show, but seeing as how they wouldnt let anyone in after the show started my friends and I all stood outside and missed about a third of the show before the committee decided to start refunding tickets. a bit disappointing because apparently it was still pretty empty on the main floor, but the rowdy uncles outside kept us entertained haha.
 
Top