• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

    New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Official Bhangra Masti Results and Discussion

rajkaran

Member
Messages
720
Hans said:
dheerja said:
Shoutout to AEG for all the help, PANJ girls for dressing room bonding, and to PDDS for keeping us awake until way past our bedtime.
SMD lives up to their name.

Edit: I'd like to request a personal BTF bodyguard in response to the several threatening messages I've received from a certain member of SMD.

Dheerja: NO
HANS!
me: hahaha
Dheerja: i ahte you ahns
me: haha
that was quick
Dheerja: TAKE IT DOWN!
i got an email notification
hanssssss
me: hahaha
Dheerja: !
me: you know it's not coming down
Dheerja: i hate you
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA awesome
 

Vick

Member
Messages
990
Mariam said:
Vick -

Word is that you weren't even there.
Well I guess everything I said was true, you didn't exactly refute any of it... I was there, someone lied to you...
 

mafzal

Judge / Dancer
Messages
2,098
I don't need to waste my time refuting your bullshit. Any decent person will have lost respect for you by now.
 

Meistro

Asi Shounk Nu Karaiyaan Muschaan Kundiyaan...
Messages
2,065
Parul said:
everyone is forgetting the fact that we do bhangra because we love it you guys do realize that this thread is making btf go down the drain and thats not cool b/c last time i checked people were on to help others out not to bash on people.
YOu know what? We definitely have SGPD and Nachdi Jawani to blame for all this. Because if it wasn't for their childish antics, NONE of this discussion would be happening right now. But these two teams, and I've definitely seen it in the past (and been very quiet about it), have been very cocky, unprofessional, egotistical, and unsportsmanlike. They've gone WAYYYY too far this time. Its pissing people off. Hell, it pisses me off. And it DEFINITELY doesn't help when you have people saying "OH I UNDERSTAND SGPD's FRUSTRATION, THEY SHOULD HAVE PLACED FIRST ALONE". Its only adding fuel to the fire and you're only feeding NJ's and SGPD's egoes. This isn't a game where we all choose sides...Who the f*ck cares! You win some, you lose some. Thats part of life! Now stop being damn cry babies and move on with your lives. Instead of taking sides on this thread, let SGPD and NJ settle their beef off this forum because nobody gives two shits about their past and why theres so much anger. If I were a competition I would accept neither of these two teams for fear that they might pull some stupid shit if they don't place. Most unprofessional teams i've ever seen in my life. If we just stop talking about them, maybe they'll feel a LITTLE, just a LITTLE bit of shame for their dumb ass actions.
 

Vick

Member
Messages
990
Mariam said:
I don't need to waste my time refuting your bullshit. Any decent person will have lost respect for you by now.

God forbid people lose respect for me... I might just become a swami and drink water out of the ganga river for the rest of my life because people on BTF hate me... You come to BTF for acceptance in the "bhangra scene", I come to BTF to be entertained... Vastly different reasons...
 

Saleem

Administrator
Staff member
Messages
1,928
I can't understand how this thread is taking anything down the drain.. I think that sinkhole of respect was when one team grabbed the trophy, took their picture, and walked off with it, and the other team dropped the check on the stage floor for the judge/organizer to pick up and walked off. Or when there was yelling. And intimidation and just crap going between these teams.

Honestly, gentlemen. What is the point of acting all tough, this gangster shit, the extreme ego? You get onstage and literally dance around in flowery vests and tie-dye paghs. Why do we need this machoman crap? The lack of class was appalling. I know you guys live for this competition, and it's a huge rivalry, and similar shenanigans would happen in college sports rivalries, etc... but that doesn't make it any better. Everyone needs to grow up and gain some perspective on LIFE. It's bhangra. And this is coming from the freakin creator of btf.

The problem is this is a recurring theme. Can someone help me name the other times a Canadian team didn't place first and threw the sportsmanship award out the window? I recall SGPD @ Burgh 2007 and someone at SBB grabbing someone by the collar... need details..
 

Vick

Member
Messages
990
Saleem said:
I can't understand how this thread is taking anything down the drain.. I think that sinkhole of respect was when one team grabbed the trophy, took their picture, and walked off with it, and the other team dropped the check on the stage floor for the judge/organizer to pick up and walked off. Or when there was yelling. And intimidation and just crap going between these teams.

Honestly, gentlemen. What is the point of acting all tough, this gangster shit, the extreme ego? You get onstage and literally dance around in flowery vests and tie-dye paghs. Why do we need this machoman crap? The lack of class was appalling. I know you guys live for this competition, and it's a huge rivalry, and similar shenanigans would happen in college sports rivalries, etc... but that doesn't make it any better. Everyone needs to grow up and gain some perspective on LIFE. It's bhangra. And this is coming from the freakin creator of btf.

The problem is this is a recurring theme. Can someone help me name the other times a Canadian team didn't place first and threw the sportsmanship award out the window? I recall SGPD @ Burgh 2007 and someone at SBB grabbing someone by the collar... need details..
Some team from Surrey I think... The uncle team from up there...
 

Saleem

Administrator
Staff member
Messages
1,928
I thought it was SIAC but I wanted confirmation b/c that's a team I have respect for and I hope it wasnt :(
 

Saleem

Administrator
Staff member
Messages
1,928
Don't take my word for it, I wasn't there! I am looking for confirmation myself lol
 

faizan

Just shut up and dance
Messages
1,736
There is no point getting into a blame canada discussion. What good is talent when it you have no respect. The masti committe, after all they did for us, was spit on by this disrespect...they deserve an apology.
 

Saleem

Administrator
Staff member
Messages
1,928
Vick said:
Mariam said:
I don't need to waste my time refuting your bullshit. Any decent person will have lost respect for you by now.

God forbid people lose respect for me... I might just become a swami and drink water out of the ganga river for the rest of my life because people on BTF hate me... You come to BTF for acceptance in the "bhangra scene", I come to BTF to be entertained... Vastly different reasons...
Vick let's stay on topic. And up the respect for Mariam and everyone a little... Let's keep it civil and discuss Masti
 

Vick

Member
Messages
990
Guppi Top Da said:
POL > BTF
hahahaha... leave.. I dare you...

Turbo said:
Vick, keep telling it like it is. Thank god there's someone here to do that. Hopefully, the niners can get Boldin next yr!!!!
Man I'm telling you, it's a matter of time before the Niners get their shit together and dominate like the 80's and mid 90's... I kinda liked Martz as OC, but let's see what Singletarys run-first style can bring to this team... Hopefully we get an OC who sticks around for more than a damn year.... Frank Gore, I hope you're ready buddy... If Arizona somehow wins the superbowl this year, I doubt Boldin leaves because that team is young(other than Warner), and they can be good for a couple of more years... Niners need one solid season and then we can land the big boys...
 

Vick

Member
Messages
990
Saleem said:
Vick let's stay on topic. And up the respect for Mariam and everyone a little... Let's keep it civil and discuss Masti
Sorry sir, I'm done with the Mariam bashing, poor girl is probably crying a river and flooding those already poor Michigan folks...
 

campy614

New Member
Messages
666
Ok, I'm not gunna get into that whole SGPD vs. NJ thing. I'm over it.

Just wanted to say shouts to all the really awesome people that I met the entire weekend.

SMD-I heart you. You ladies went from a "needs work" team to a respectable force in the bhangra world. I'm very proud of you ladies and can't wait until next time, whenever that is (hopefully soon).

The gentlemen of Shan-e-Punjab, thank you so much for being patient and incredibly nice to my team and all of the other teams during weekend. I have an incredible amount of respect for you guys. Not only are you an amazing team, but you threw an incredible competition. Hope to see you guys soon.

To all of the others that I ran into (there are WAYYYYY too many to mention), it was an honor to share the stage with such talented individuals. Also, the boli sessions and random moments were incredible.

Can't think of anything else to say. I'll write something on the judging when I finally get my hands on our video.
 

imakhilyou37

Member
Messages
286
WOW.
Some guy gets banned for calling Meistro a homo/bitch...
Vick says that about Mariam and all that happens is it gets removed...?

Moderators seriously? Nothing against meistro, Baldev should've been banned but nothin happening about this... That is WHACK. Basically he can say whatever he wants all thas gonna happen is it MIGHT get removed...?

Vick have some respect for women. Jesus Christ.

Moderator's note:

Hi Akhil,

This person broke 2 rules.
1. He made another account
2. His account name was an insult towards a fellow member (Meistro in this case)

Also, his secondary account has been terminated and main account is on 5 week suspension. This person is not banned and are more than welcome to return to BTF once their suspension is lifted. We are currently reviewing Vick's recent posts and will determine if any further action needs to be taken. He has already received a warning.

Ok, just wanted to respond to your concern (thank you for the feedback). Lets please return to the topic of this thread! :)
 

Vick

Member
Messages
990
Akhil said:
WOW.
Some guy gets banned for calling Meistro a homo/bitch...
Vick says that about Mariam and all that happens is it gets removed...?

Moderators seriously? Nothing against meistro, Baldev should've been banned but nothin happening about this... That is WHACK. Basically he can say whatever he wants all thas gonna happen is it MIGHT get removed...?

Vick have some respect for women. Jesus Christ.
I do respect women... Just not all of them... Women fight for equal rights and to be treated equally, well shit, I treat them just like I treat the guys on here... haha...
 

Kaur

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,294
I was hoping I would not have to make a comment regarding the sgpd/nj issue but 8 pages in with people repeating themselves I thought it was about time. Ok one team left the stage wiht the trophie the other one dropped the cheque, everyone read the lectures on sportsmanship etc. Almost everyone agreed it shouldnt have happend. So whats the problem now? If both teams argued amongst eachother or whatever , whos business is that?. We should be concerned with what we see, we saw the performances and saw poor sportsmanship, whats the need about going on and on and on and on about it. Honestly everyone needs to worry about their own teams, and bhangra it self. If teams are fighting over placings a and trophies then let it be, if your team is not involved then let it go. But god forbid we let that happend.

I was their, my brother is on one of those 2 teams. I saw everything happen from beginning to end, but its none of my business nor is it anyones elses. We need to be concerned with the time from when the curtains open, to when the curtains close. Thats it.
 

Ramani

Member
Messages
760
Hkiran said:
I was hoping I would not have to make a comment regarding the sgpd/nj issue but 8 pages in with people repeating themselves I thought it was about time. Ok one team left the stage wiht the trophie the other one dropped the cheque, everyone read the lectures on sportsmanship etc. Almost everyone agreed it shouldnt have happend. So whats the problem now? If both teams argued amongst eachother or whatever , whos business is that?. We should be concerned with what we see, we saw the performances and saw poor sportsmanship, whats the need about going on and on and on and on about it. Honestly everyone needs to worry about their own teams, and bhangra it self. If teams are fighting over placings a and trophies then let it be, if your team is not involved then let it go. But god forbid we let that happend.

I was their, my brother is on one of those 2 teams. I saw everything happen from beginning to end, but its none of my business nor is it anyones elses. We need to be concerned with the time from when the curtains open, to when the curtains close. Thats it.
+1
 
Top