Oh bostoooon, how I love thee. Great city, had a blast.
It was funny to meet BTF people...everyone was different than what I thought, ha.
Show...ran really smoothly, great timing, BBC has been doing this for a long time so they pretty much know how to run a show well, MC's didn't have too many lame jokes, speeches were a minimum, it was lovely.
My thoughts on the teams...
Jawani Girls were amazing. They absolutely deserved to place in my mind, so entertaining and the energy was amazing and it was such a fun performance to watch. Those girls can dance.
3D - the routine itself was great in terms of choreo, but, it really didn't seem like the team was ready to perform it. It was very messy and the formations people were bumping into each other or not in the right spots...it just seemed like y'all were not quite ready yet.
Rutgers - I loved the girl who sang with you guys, she has such a great voice for punjabi songs. You guys are always a classic good team, everything was pretty much on point and people really looked like they were enjoying themselves, all I can say is I guess that there was no single WOW factor that would have gotten you guys to place...
GW - enjoyable routine, but there was no factor that really stood out to me. I noticed a lot of people getting tired near the end, I could see it on their faces. Singer, great voice.
VCU, this is only the second time I've seen them live, and I loved every moment of it. This team really knows how to work every element into their routine: grace, style, entertainment, technique, formations...it was really awesome to watch. The fact that they have jodis and are able to come up with complex formations and execute them well is really commendable. Although some dancers may be considered better than others, the team itself looks great together and everyone is around the same level and they just really are a solid team. At that point, I thought they were going to get first...
Northeastern was a big surprise to me, I put them in a place-worthy category, I really enjoyed their entire dance, and being a bollywood buff I loved the gimmick!! The dancers really looked like they were having fun, and it was just really fun to watch.
MIT Bhangra, I am really amazed at the energy of this team but...the routine was very chaotic...there was just too much going on, and too many people coming on and off and the stunts were sort of random at times (backflip?!?), it became a little too crazy...but you guys def had mad crowd support!
Guardians - for a first performance as a team, it was alright, but you guys definitely have lots of cleaning up to do in terms of moves and formations, and pagg tying...
BU - some things were a bit old school bhangra scene, and there were randomly people in the routine from the sides and they were wearing different costumes and it was really distracting, and I didn't get the part when they came out with a sword??
BMW - some of their stunts failed...I think it brought down the energy and people looked sort of frustrated, and OW for the guy who fell on his back...yikes.
Empire - typical empire style, clean, great formations, very well put together. I think their placement in the show was an advantage for them being a modern high energy type team.
Sher - When it first started it was really exciting but the excitement sort of faded towards the end, the stunts were sick. After seeing a few failed stunts I felt that it's teams like Sher who have been around for so long that can pull them off flawlessly. When the guy in the pink ran and jumped on the other guy...WOW. And I got to wear their cool shirt and slip into the after party for free so go me. (LYLAB Gaurav, who is probably never going to see this.)
Maaaaad people's chaadre were not pinned properly...that was pretty much a recurring theme throughout the show.
Last note on the show, what I thought was the funniest thing out of the whole competition is that I think BTF has created this fear in teams of backlash....I have never seen so many members of teams pick up their paggs that have fallen off and walk off stage to put them down, or even walk off stage to take of the pagg they know is about to fall off!!! I honestly think people were thinking in their heads "omg if I don't go off stage and put my pagg on the side someone from BTF is going to yell at me."
Overall, the show itself was just really fun to watch, really exciting teams, kept me on my toes, not a boring moment!
Afterpartay = Good tams. Except that nyc > boston for the sole reason that everything ends at like 4am versus....2am when I was just not ready to hang up my party gear.
Hi Abhi.