• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Official Boston Bhangra Competition 2010 Live Updates, Placings and Reviews

tajinder

congrats to all the placing teams at BOSTON. i loved NYPDS routine their MIX. so sick. they were hella creative. great ppl to hang out with em. i think u guys should have placed higher since u guys did all bhangra. chalo koi na. next time.
bhangra empire good job puling those gimmicks out. well deserved.
AEG : nice mix, good set. better than ELITE 8. i personally think. and u guys hit it hard. u actually were clean this time. ur skate boarding gimmick Failed. blow the whistle was my favo part in ur routine also that move u guys did in jhoomer. some classical move with ur arms lol. w.e. good luck in future comps.

NOW this DRAMA. plz stop karo. NAVI AUJLA bro. post ur mix man thanks :)

HarmanToor

Nachde Yaar Punjab De
YamlaSingh23 said:
Finally NYPD deserved what they had comming
you guys need to step ur game up :D
Gongratzz to Bhangra Empite 8)
Dont get it twisted son, placing at a competition which requires just as much if not more gimmicks then bhangra when we came hard with only folk bhangra was more then what we asked for.. we knew fully what we were getting ourselves involved in but now that a good 3500 ppl know who we are and how we roll.. it was more then worth it and the placings dont matter to us. thats why you dont see any of us talking. This is our strongest and cleanest set and we broke in 4 new dancers.. we're proud and we celebrated hard and boston did an awesome job accomodating everyone.

Trust it NYPD is gona get what it deserves cuz everyone knows now we gona tear the scene up next year and be the top dog.. I already got the mixes ready.. no one stands a chance

edit: Lol a fake account, why am I even talking to you.. thats like a lion talkin to a fuckin sheep..

Nav Aujla

Nachde Yaar Punjab De
and you dont have to read between the lines. If your literate, you know exactly what were saying.

HarmanToor said:
YamlaSingh23 said:
Dont get it twisted son, placing at a competition which requires just as much if not more gimmicks then bhangra when we came hard with only folk bhangra was more then what we asked for.. we knew fully what we were getting ourselves involved in but now that a good 3500 ppl know who we are and how we roll.. it was more then worth it and the placings dont matter to us. thats why you dont see any of us talking. This is our strongest and cleanest set and we broke in 4 new dancers.. we're proud and we celebrated hard and boston did an awesome job accomodating everyone.

Trust it NYPD is gona get what it deserves cuz everyone knows now we gona tear the scene up next year and be the top dog.. I already got the mixes ready.. no one stands a chance

edit: Lol a fake account, why am I even talking to you.. thats like a lion talkin to a fuckin sheep..

Aaron.B

HarmanToor said:
YamlaSingh23 said:

im tired of these fuckin e-thugs half the ppl on btf think there crazy and when we see em in person they dont say shit...

Kartik

Aaron.B said:
HarmanToor said:
YamlaSingh23 said:

im tired of these fuckin e-thugs half the ppl on btf think there crazy and when we see em in person they dont say shit...
amen, and haha + 1 for "e-thugs"

HarmanToor

Nachde Yaar Punjab De
Aaron.B said:
HarmanToor said:
YamlaSingh23 said:

+1
this was my first outside toronto comp and I'm not going to lie.. ppl arent who they are online.. theyr more quiet.. if u kno what im sayin

back to boston topic tho.. bhangra empire pulled out the craziest green whip for their routine.. the amplifier mix was sick too

Waleed

You had me all the way until you blurted out these smart words.

HarmanToor said:
cuz everyone knows now we gona tear the scene up next year and be the top dog.. I already got the mixes ready.. no one stands a chance
I wish you guys success but come on now, no need to say such things. Let your performance do the talking. Also (and I quote) "no one stands a chance"? I think there are some teams that might stand more than .. just a chance (SGPD, NJ, Shan-E... cough cough). Not saying you might not give them a run for their money and might even take the cake but come on now "no one stands a chance" <-- most epic threat I've ever seen on BTF

Looking fwd to seeing your vid btw.

Mukandpuria

NYPD good shit you guys killed it and seeing your set live was epic...the nakhra was dope, take that shit to a traditional comp where it will get what it deserves. don't let BTF phudus get to you..

kinnell

*Account Deactivated*
HarmanToor said:
Utmost respect to you and your team, bro, for coming to this competition to show Boston your style/swagger over going after trophies. BBC has seen its fair share of bhangra teams with traditional elements complain about the modern judging rubric year after year and it's refreshing to see a team not care about it.

But... c'mon. There were no "only FOLK teams" at this competition. We, as a community, really need to stop throwing that word out there recklessly and relentlessly. Khundey tricks are not "folk" and neither are gloves, tutting, doing jhoomer to Linkin Park, Celtics gimmicks and three-man towers. There were teams that definitely had more traditional elements than others, but every single team had a fair share of deviations.

HarmanToor

Nachde Yaar Punjab De
kinnell said:
HarmanToor said:
Utmost respect to you and your team, bro, for coming to this competition to show Boston your style/swagger over going after trophies. BBC has seen its fair share of bhangra teams with traditional elements complain about the modern judging rubric year after year and it's refreshing to see a team not care about it.

But... c'mon. There were no "only FOLK teams" at this competition. We, as a community, really need to stop throwing that word out there recklessly and relentlessly. Khundey tricks are not "folk" and neither are gloves, tutting, doing jhoomer to Linkin Park, Celtics gimmicks and three-man towers. There were teams that definitely had more traditional elements than others, but every single team had a fair share of deviations.
'We came hard with only folk bhangra' .. I think you misread what I wrote and assumed I was talking about other performances.. I was only talking about the style our set was from beginning to end, it had nothing to do with any other performances that night

Gurbir23

YamlaSingh23 said:
number of posts: 3
number of threads posted in: 3
content of each post: flaming a team
verdict: Troll

KushK

Gurbir23 said:
YamlaSingh23 said:
number of posts: 3
number of threads posted in: 3
content of each post: flaming a team
verdict: Troll

HAHA

kinnell

*Account Deactivated*
HarmanToor said:
'We came hard with only folk bhangra' .. I think you misread what I wrote and assumed I was talking about other performances.. I was only talking about the style our set was from beginning to end, it had nothing to do with any other performances that night
You guys had a sickkk performance, but it wasn't "only folk bhangra". I hate to start the folk bhangra debate, but khundey tricks are pretty modern, whether you throw them around, swing them, imitate fighting with them or do a group pretzel trick (which was really creative, btw!). I'm not hatin' on y'all, but it would be a stretch to say you guys were completely folk.

Jagga515

This is a little off topic, but does someone have a personal video of AEG's performance from BBC? If you do, please Private Message me. ok thanks!

As for the folk bhangra topic...its not about what they do when they dance in terms of daang tricks etc., its about their overall style of dancing. They are a folk bhangra team based off of HOW they dance, not WHAT they do. Kinnell, i love you but your argument is flawed. <3

Kush

Jagga515 said:
This is a little off topic, but does someone have a personal video of AEG's performance from BBC? If you do, please Private Message me. ok thanks!

As for the folk bhangra topic...its not about what they do when they dance in terms of daang tricks etc., its about their overall style of dancing. They are a folk bhangra team based off of HOW they dance, not WHAT they do. Kinnell, i love you but your argument is flawed. <3
disagreed jagjeet! folk incorporates all elements: style, execution, attitude, set balance, gimmicks, etc. There are few teams these days that i consider an "ONLY folk" team. Gimmicks are starting to overflow in alot of toronto sets. but im becoming redundant, already said it in the review. I'm with kinnell (and THAT is rare ;) )