• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Official Boston Bhangra Competition 2010 Live Updates, Placings and Reviews

hcbhangra

good job NYPD !!! hell of a performance and weekend respects to boston bhangra to holding it down with accommodations

AEG: I have already talked about this issue with your team members and don't understand why the reason to bring this up again. It might have been our fans or it might have been just a few drunk idiots or people who have issues with your team. The fact is it was none of us and we had nothing to do with it. Do not tell us what Virsa is as we are well aware of what we represent. At BAB your fans/groupies booed us when we were performing and we didn't care to come on BTF and start whining. It is obvious that our teams don't get along, and most likely this will never change. Consider it rivalry among two teams from the same region and live on. If you want to continue posting nonsense so that you guys can feel better or people think we are rude and classless be my guest. This is my last post in response to any issue between Virsa-AEG. I will say one thing WE as in VIRSA DO NOT CARE what people on BTF think of us. People who know us personally know the type of people we are and that's good enough for us.

ranjit singh

aeg - quit whining like babies. you guys got 2nd place. be happy. move on. "omg. people were booing/chanting. omg" who cares? stop acting like divas.

sartajjudge

ranjit.singh said:
aeg - quit whining like babies. you guys got 2nd place. be happy. move on. "omg. people were booing/chanting. omg" who cares? stop acting like divas.
Where's the "like" button for this comment?

sartajjudge

Nikhil said:
jsandhu said:
sumeetj said:
faizan said:
The only team that continues to travel far distances to be rude to another team? VIRSA
big ups to jabar jung for tying my teams paggan and the sick intro sher! :)

and sabi for singing our intro as well :)

and afterparty was crowded, but after-after-party was sick :) one thing i hated about the afterparty was the dj or whoever yelling "jo bole so nihaal, sat sri kaal" when there are drunk people and naked girls running around, def not the right environment, i feel, to be chanting things like that. my personal opinion though.
yea that was stupid...englandies
There were naked girls? really?
Looks like we missed out Nikhil.

faizan

Just shut up and dance
I said what I had to, now bring the topic back to Boston. PM if anything...

sargam627

F.S.U.
We got boo-ed.. We got 2nd. End of story.. No point in arguing over the past.
Congrats to Empire for putting on a very entertaining performance
Sorry NYPD, I missed your performance because I was running late, caught a little bit of the end so I know you guys tore shit up. Congrats, and I had a great time this weekend.

Underdog of this competition- NU Bhangra.. I was blown away. Armaan, all I'm going to say is DAMN. Haha

Kush

sargam627 said:
We got boo-ed.. We got 2nd. End of story.. No point in arguing over the past.
Congrats to Empire for putting on a very entertaining performance
Sorry NYPD, I missed your performance because I was running late, caught a little bit of the end so I know you guys tore shit up. Congrats, and I had a great time this weekend.

Underdog of this competition- NU Bhangra.. I was blown away. Armaan, all I'm going to say is DAMN. Haha
Spot on. NU was the underdog and they did tremendously.

Bharathi

Hi Friends,

On behalf of Jawani Bhangra I'd like to thank BBC's committee for having us! We had a fantastic time in your beautiful city. Everyone did a great job, congrats to the winning teams.

Bhangra Empire - HATS OFF! I have never seen your team dance that well in the 4 years I've been watching you. I have yet to see a sexier rendition of amplifier!

Special thanks to Sabi for the dhol, Raveen for playing it, and Chris from BBC for help with some last minute tickets.

If anyone has our video please please please send (do not post) it to me at bharathisandhu@gmail.com.

Ashveer

Bharathi said:
Hi Friends,

On behalf of Jawani Bhangra I'd like to thank BBC's committee for having us! We had a fantastic time in your beautiful city. Everyone did a great job, congrats to the winning teams.

Bhangra Empire - HATS OFF! I have never seen your team dance that well in the 4 years I've been watching you. I have yet to see a sexier rendition of amplifier!

Special thanks to Sabi for the dhol, Raveen for playing it, and Chris from BBC for help with some last minute tickets.

If anyone has our video please please please send (do not post) it to me at bharathisandhu@gmail.com.
On behalf of Ashveer, I'd like to thank Jawani for housing me, and Bharathi for her relentless commitment to giving me good advice that I with equal tenacity refuse to listen to.

oJaLa

Bhangra makes the world go round
This weekend was EPIC! Congrats to the placing teams!
AEG, I'm so proud of you guys, your performance was amazing!

It was great meeting everyone this weekend. SHouut out to Tanu, Manu, and Hiren for startin the boliyan beat boxin sessions everytime i pointed at them haha, and everyone who took party in the million boli sessions throughout the weekend!
After after party was legitttt, best idea Boston BHangra ever had! SMD holdin it down til the last min, love u girls <3

I'm still tryin to recap the weekend, so longer review soooon!

qzxclusivelubana

ONLY BHANGRA NO BS
Gurbir23 said:
qzxclusivelubana said:
faizan said:
I said what I had to, now bring the topic back to Boston. PM if anything...
Face to face if anything ...
this is why we cant have nice things
who starts it?.. none of our member booed at you guys...and we still get the credit ...this guys faizan always on BTF writing everything possible against Virsa..50% of his comments are about virsa and none of them is positive..
and We def. know what Virsa stands for..