• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Amrish_Selvam

Hey BTF,

I don’t usually make posts like this, but I just wanted to share this quarantine bhangra challenge where I attempt to do 10 different sets back to back with one-minute breaks. Also apologies in advance for any choreo mistakes – I did my best to do justice to these amazing sets but obviously had some big shoes to fill.

Timestamps:
0:00:00 Raakhe Virse De @ Buckeye Mela 2020
0:07:49 First Class Bhangra @ Bhangra in the Burgh 2018
0:16:27 Furteelay Shokeen @ Buckeye Mela 2019
0:24:56 Sherniyan di Sarkar @ Naach di Cleveland 2019
0:33:50 Rangeelay Jawan @ Queen City Bhangra 2019
0:42:43 Farishtey @ Naach di Cleveland 2020
0:51:37 Aston Bhangra @ Bhangra Showdown 2019
1:00:07 Ministry of Bhangra Chicago @ Bhangra in the Burgh 2019
1:08:46 Spartan Bhangra @ Buckeye Mela 2020
1:17:19 Shaan Punjab Dee @ Bruin Bhangra 2018

So the primary reason I’m posting this is to show my appreciation for the incredible amount of talent and creativity in this circuit, and to inspire others to do likewise. Despite these rough times, it’s been super motivating to see the community come together through choreo videos, challenges, and recognitions. While it sucks losing out on so many opportunities (senior year blowout lol), it’s nice to know that people are not alone in this. Much love to everyone and hope all of you can keep the joy in dancing while staying safe!

Also here are some people I’d like to thank for making this journey possible!!!

Mix Credits:
kRRn Mixes, Legitamit, PablaMix, Kak, BhullarBeats, FCBeats, Dr. Srimix, KM, Gsimz, DJ Sur, Baajmxsic, Inaiksbeats, Kalerity, and Teg Hans.
Video editing and thumbnail credits: Keerti Vajrala

All the kind people I’ve met through the circuit who’ve been able to share this passion for bhangra.
All the captains, judges, DJs, dholis, and comp board members who’ve made the circuit what it is and kept it alive.
Prince Singh and Sunny Aheer for detailed critiques and advice!
MOB family and captains, Jordan Falk and Akash Menon, for helping me grow as a dancer and being such a fun, supporting, and kind family!
All of Spartan Bhangra, the 100+ of you who I can easily call my closest friends, for endless memories, love, and support. All the younger dancers on the team, your passion is so inspirational and I can’t wait to see how you’ll define the future of the team/circuit (also shout out to the future captains: Shalu Manoharan, Vikram Abbaraju, and Ambika Singh). All the alumni who’ve guided me and been my role models. Lastly, the current seniors who have been there throughout and who I can truly share the sentiment of losing out on a final comp with.
Also special thanks to Amogh Iyer and Raghav Ramraj for being the first people to teach me Bhangra and Shashank Raghavachari for teaching me about fusion.
Former captains of Spartan Bhangra, Medha Narwankar, Rishabh Mazmudar, Neelesh Satpute, Mahadev Shastri, and Raghav Tripathi, for helping make Spartan Bhangra what it is today!
Srikarran Sowrirajan for not only making the dopest mixes, being an exceptional dholi, and tying every pagh I’ve worn, but also for sticking it through rough times and being down to hit up the studio at 1 am!
The set design team including Monik Gupta and Grace Ahuja for putting up with my weird ideas and grossly incorrect pronunciation of Punjabi words as well as making it through thousands of hours of headaches and arguments to put together a dream set!

Lastly, huge thanks to the current captains and closest of friends, Alisa Quemado and Diya Ramanathan, for teaching me pretty much everything I know about bhangra within two short years. Despite never being able to showcase the Blowout set, the impact you’ve had on the team and the effort you’ve put in to lead such a large competitive team as two female captains will never be forgotten. It was such an honor to share the stage with you two, and I hope we can share the stage again in the future!

Well, that’s pretty much it. Thanks for reading through this long senti post and I hope you enjoy the video. Feel free to drop comments, critiques, and feedback, anything is much appreciated!!!

srikarran

BTF Mixing Mod
Hey BTF,

I don’t usually make posts like this, but I just wanted to share this quarantine bhangra challenge where I attempt to do 10 different sets back to back with one-minute breaks. Also apologies in advance for any choreo mistakes – I did my best to do justice to these amazing sets but obviously had some big shoes to fill.

Timestamps:
0:00:00 Raakhe Virse De @ Buckeye Mela 2020
0:07:49 First Class Bhangra @ Bhangra in the Burgh 2018
0:16:27 Furteelay Shokeen @ Buckeye Mela 2019
0:24:56 Sherniyan di Sarkar @ Naach di Cleveland 2019
0:33:50 Rangeelay Jawan @ Queen City Bhangra 2019
0:42:43 Farishtey @ Naach di Cleveland 2020
0:51:37 Aston Bhangra @ Bhangra Showdown 2019
1:00:07 Ministry of Bhangra Chicago @ Bhangra in the Burgh 2019
1:08:46 Spartan Bhangra @ Buckeye Mela 2020
1:17:19 Shaan Punjab Dee @ Bruin Bhangra 2018

So the primary reason I’m posting this is to show my appreciation for the incredible amount of talent and creativity in this circuit, and to inspire others to do likewise. Despite these rough times, it’s been super motivating to see the community come together through choreo videos, challenges, and recognitions. While it sucks losing out on so many opportunities (senior year blowout lol), it’s nice to know that people are not alone in this. Much love to everyone and hope all of you can keep the joy in dancing while staying safe!

Also here are some people I’d like to thank for making this journey possible!!!

Mix Credits:
kRRn Mixes, Legitamit, PablaMix, Kak, BhullarBeats, FCBeats, Dr. Srimix, KM, Gsimz, DJ Sur, Baajmxsic, Inaiksbeats, Kalerity, and Teg Hans.
Video editing and thumbnail credits: Keerti Vajrala

All the kind people I’ve met through the circuit who’ve been able to share this passion for bhangra.
All the captains, judges, DJs, dholis, and comp board members who’ve made the circuit what it is and kept it alive.
Prince Singh and Sunny Aheer for detailed critiques and advice!
MOB family and captains, Jordan Falk and Akash Menon, for helping me grow as a dancer and being such a fun, supporting, and kind family!
All of Spartan Bhangra, the 100+ of you who I can easily call my closest friends, for endless memories, love, and support. All the younger dancers on the team, your passion is so inspirational and I can’t wait to see how you’ll define the future of the team/circuit (also shout out to the future captains: Shalu Manoharan, Vikram Abbaraju, and Ambika Singh). All the alumni who’ve guided me and been my role models. Lastly, the current seniors who have been there throughout and who I can truly share the sentiment of losing out on a final comp with.
Also special thanks to Amogh Iyer and Raghav Ramraj for being the first people to teach me Bhangra and Shashank Raghavachari for teaching me about fusion.
Former captains of Spartan Bhangra, Medha Narwankar, Rishabh Mazmudar, Neelesh Satpute, Mahadev Shastri, and Raghav Tripathi, for helping make Spartan Bhangra what it is today!
Srikarran Sowrirajan for not only making the dopest mixes, being an exceptional dholi, and tying every pagh I’ve worn, but also for sticking it through rough times and being down to hit up the studio at 1 am!
The set design team including Monik Gupta and Grace Ahuja for putting up with my weird ideas and grossly incorrect pronunciation of Punjabi words as well as making it through thousands of hours of headaches and arguments to put together a dream set!

Lastly, huge thanks to the current captains and closest of friends, Alisa Quemado and Diya Ramanathan, for teaching me pretty much everything I know about bhangra within two short years. Despite never being able to showcase the Blowout set, the impact you’ve had on the team and the effort you’ve put in to lead such a large competitive team as two female captains will never be forgotten. It was such an honor to share the stage with you two, and I hope we can share the stage again in the future!

Well, that’s pretty much it. Thanks for reading through this long senti post and I hope you enjoy the video. Feel free to drop comments, critiques, and feedback, anything is much appreciated!!!
My Son. The BEAST!!! SO proud of you man! This is just the beginning

Mans

BTF Mixing Mod
This isn't getting nearly enough attention since BTF has kinda been quiet but TUHADI PAAN DI! Doing 7 sets back to back is NUTS when you consider you had to memorize all of those sets as well. Gonna have to send this video out to some of the folks that can't even memorize a 2 minute gig set.

Much respect to ending on all of those jumps in SPDs set as well

Jahordon

As difficult as dancing 10 different sets back-to-back is, I just can't fathom learning and remembering the choreo for 10 sets. That to me sounds harder than the dancing, and dancing that long is already insane.

Basim

♥ BTF ♥
Staff member
Insane - can I please get a sip on whatever you're drinking between sets? ;) Wish I had 1/5 of the stamina you do!

Thanks for sharing man,

~ Basim :)