• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

    New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Rivalries

Vick

Member
Messages
990
Guppi Top Da said:
appearently we have a rivalry with 3d and vcu ?

what a stupid topic.
hahahaha... 3D being mentioned in the same sentence as VCU is straight disrespect to VCU... 3D is a nobody right now...
 

Ashqe

Member
Messages
610
Ehh yeah, 3D is a good team and they won DDA in '07 I think, but they are a completely different style from VCU so I don't think you could begin to compare them. 3D is usually live I think, even though they've danced to music the past few comps.
 

Nikhil

New Member
Messages
881
VCU and 3D as well as Duniya are all co-ed teams that dance with traditional mindset to music. I think we're all comparable and each brings a different style/strength to the table.

But I wanted to know what you guys thought of that ESPN article with Federer and Nadal, and how that human nature is very apparent at a competition but no one wants to admit that.

Have fun, create rivalries, but at the end of the day, respect who you're up against, and acknowledge that fact that there will be this is an innate sense of out doing the other team but you have to balance it with class.
 

Remy

Member
Messages
598
IMO this is a pretty deeply closeted subject to bring up, lol, but nevertheless it is a good one. I think you all will agree that it is safe to sum up bhangra as a sport, lol. Its an intense competition between athletic teams, and the pressure is deff felt by the teams during competition time. Teams put in all those long hours practicing, sacrificing many things along the way to fit bhangra into their busy schedules...hell I even almost failed one of my classes because of it (thank god I passed, lol). Although teams will probly never openly make obnoxious comments to opposing teams (and it would be stupid if they did), I'll bet that it is pretty safe to say that there are times when team rivalries are immensely felt by the dancers i.e competition time. But on the other hand, one would have to remember that this is a "sport" we are talking about, therefore it is inevitable.. Bhangra is an intense competition, and we are all athletes here, so a little team rivalry is pretty natural in my opinion.
 
Top