• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

    New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Team Confidentiality

Mukandpuria

New Member
Messages
1,413
msingh23 said:
i hate it when teams don't want their video posted, they think the set is too good and what not, but i guess teams will do anything to win and dont let any other team get leverage on them,
i am pretty sure it has nothing to do with teams thinking they are the shit....if you are going to preform the same set again, and have it already out it ruins it for the people who are going to the competitions to see them...I think teams have the right to now have their work posted...if it wasn't for them teams we wouldn't have these great formation/movies and mixes...you can give them that much respect and not post the video or take it down then they ask you to
 

G. Sidhu

New Member
Messages
219
lolzz 3 rivers routine was leaked before their performance for Zee bhangra..!!! im sure that wz a bitchh
 

kinnell

*Account Deactivated*
Messages
2,159
Taiym?r said:
kinnell jan can u chill with our team haha

WE are a surprise
TZ I have been to more practices than you. :p I have chilled with the team more than you.
 

Hans

New Member
Messages
93
I think for a lot of people, myself included, you're protective of your mixes and videos not because you don't want others to "steal" things, but because you want the entire audience to be surprised by what you come out with. At the end of the year, or when you're done with that set, I think sharing is great. If people are "inspired" by what you do (which happens all the time) then it's only gonna lead to better performances from teams all around, and there's nothing wrong with that.
 

dheerja

Member
Messages
607
It also depends on the nature of the video/mix that is released. If it's a routine that has never been performed (practice vids, prelim mixes), it's definitely understandable that teams would want to prevent them from leaking. These are also easier to control since any leakage probably comes from accidental uploading/posting from members of the team.

For routines that have already been performed at competitions, teams need to understand how hard it is to control what is posted when an entire audience of people could potentially have videos of the performance.
 

Rohit

New Member
Messages
163
Well usually if I find a video I like I watch it and watch it over until I don't like it anymore and then I have nothin to post. But if a team doesn't have there video up and I really want to see it I usually just ask Vic hahaha jks ;D
 

Temurzai

New Member
Messages
397
kinnell said:
Taiym?r said:
kinnell jan can u chill with our team haha

WE are a surprise
TZ I have been to more practices than you. :p I have chilled with the team more than you.
lol u clown, i meant can u chill out with discussing the team ahhaha, im gona slap you for that one lol
 

kinnell

*Account Deactivated*
Messages
2,159
Abhi makes really good points. Posting videos improves the entire circuit. It inspires other teams and "gives them ideas/formations..etc". Obviously, teams will not steal routines, but watching bhangra videos definitely educates and improves the circuit.

Taiym?r said:
lol u clown, i meant can u chill out with discussing the team ahhaha, im gona slap you for that one lol
You're going to..... slap me? :-[
 
Top