• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

    New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Texas Showdown Bhangra Competition 2008 - Team Lineup

Who do you think will place at Texas Showdown Bhangra Competiton?


  • Total voters
    111
  • Poll closed .

Meistro

Asi Shounk Nu Karaiyaan Muschaan Kundiyaan...
Messages
2,065
its Bay Area Bhangra CLUB.....they used to be bhangra express.
 

Jaskaran

New Member
Messages
66
ppl ghg is from fresno, they are a gurdwara team i used to dance on back like 5 years ago, nothing from india or calgary lol

they are seniors from HS if that, but they are live so its all good!

FRENSO!
 

Danny

Member
Messages
698
ya i think its the same team that competed here in Los Angeles at Virsa junior comp as well
 

SunnyParmar

New Member
Messages
97
1. Anakh Punjab Di
2.Panj/KDD
3.Panj/KDD

Lol i just read one of the guys from Jatt's lil quote thing.

"J.A.T.T. (just a traditional team)

There should be no other way to bhangra, other than the way it was intended, Traditionally."

Off of youtube videos? Just a joke. I just don't get how it would be done otherwise...doesn't make any sense.
 

kinnell

*Account Deactivated*
Messages
2,159
SunnyParmar said:
"J.A.T.T. (just a traditional team)

There should be no other way to bhangra, other than the way it was intended, Traditionally."

Off of youtube videos? Just a joke. I just don't get how it would be done otherwise...doesn't make any sense.
::) lol I hate being a dick about this, but as usual, I'm curious, does J.A.T.T. have anything to say about Bruin 08?
 

NSC

Member
Messages
125
kinnell said:
SunnyParmar said:
"J.A.T.T. (just a traditional team)

There should be no other way to bhangra, other than the way it was intended, Traditionally."

Off of youtube videos? Just a joke. I just don't get how it would be done otherwise...doesn't make any sense.
::) lol I hate being a dick about this, but as usual, I'm curious, does J.A.T.T. have anything to say about Bruin 08?
I'm pretty sure they posted an excuse along the lines of being accepted into the show last minute or something....and then followed that up by saying they have a new routine/their own stuff for the new season.
 

Meistro

Asi Shounk Nu Karaiyaan Muschaan Kundiyaan...
Messages
2,065
Guys, i think we need to leave JATT alone. They already explained what happened at bruin. We bashed them. I bashed them. Now I think we need to let it go. They're embarking on a brand new season. Lets see wish them well, and hope they start the season on a positive note. Im excited to see what they will bring to texas as well as all of the other teams. Good luck to all of the teams as well as the committee.
 

Velli

I am the Law
Messages
119
not trying to "pump" panj up or anything but by now, it doesn't matter if its coed or boys cause Both teams are very very good and it doesn't matter what team it is, as long as its panj u know their gonna bring their best.

Saying that, I also think apd and jatt are both teams to look out for with something to prove.
 

HarmanSingh

New Member
Messages
531
For real, lets leave JATT alone some. No need to make some sarcastic comment whenever their name appears somewhere. If I recall correctly, PCAC stole an entire routine a while back and everyone forgave them and acts like it never happened. So why not the same respect for JATT?
 

SunnyParmar

New Member
Messages
97
I'm not bashing on JATT. I said it was a joke lol. I just don't understand why they wrote "the way it was intended, traditionally"?

PANJ is indeed an amazing team they just haven't been able to pull together that clutch performance to take a well deserved win.
 

Jaskaran

New Member
Messages
66
ok buddy, what I mean by that line I have is that I'm from up north in Cali. I've danced traditionally my whole life with my dad and tayaa ji since i was 5. Now as time went on there are things like "fusion" bhangra and what now or "so-cal" bhangra. I don't agree with these categories. Bhangra was made to be one way and it should be kept that way. So basically I want to preserve the culture. In so-cal people have the wrong impressions about bhangra. Teams like bmw, sher, drp, etc etc, they are good but they put on twists in, do gimmicks, forget about grace and folk and only do speed and energy.

Now you get what I mean, and its not why THEY wrote, it's what I wrote, I can have my own opinion last time I checked.
 

darknite20

New Member
Messages
2
hey it should be a sick competition, thats a wiked line up for first year, Congrats Texas, and congrats to all the teams who made it.

1) P.A.N.J
2) Kunja Di Daar / Anakh Punjab Di / J.A.T.T
3) Kunja Di Daar / Anakh Punjab Di / J.A.T.T

Tuff competition still!

Is Kunja Di Daar the only team coming from Canada? Thats sooooo sick, an all girls team coming from canada! BOMB! looking forward to it, once again congrats HKGiddha, and to all the teams who made it!!!!

Davinder D
 

bhangralover93

New Member
Messages
2
yee i agree alsooo.....
1st: Panj
2nd: Kunja di daar
3rd: APD

Im coming down too see kunja di daar perform, heard there an awesome group of girls
 
Top