• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Week 1 - BTF Ladder -14. Dj Aka$h vs 11. Dj Concept

Status
Not open for further replies.

PartyJatt

No poll. You must post in the thread to vote. The votes of users with less than 15 *counted* posts will not go towards the total.

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/bhangra-teams-forum/week-1-btf-ladder-14-dj-aka-h[/soundcloud]
[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/bhangra-teams-forum/week-1-btf-ladder-14-dj-aka[/soundcloud]

-----------
Results (only members with at least 10 votes counted)
DJ 1- 26
DJ 2- 8

Solid victory for DJ 1, congrats on the win!

Note: I'm not sure who DJ 1 is, Jaideep will have to comment only he knows. secretsssss you know?

Attachments

Multani

Both mixes were strong..creativity was lot more in 1 than 2. EQ was pretty much on same level with both mixes. Good job.

I gotta go with the first soundcloud link. (guessing DJ1)

HdBrar

Welcome to the Dark Side.
Yeah, same. This one is gonna' be a close one. I def preferred DJ 1. DJ 2 did a good job though.

Basim

♥ BTF ♥
Staff member
Great job by both DJ's! A lot of unique concepts.

My vote: DJ 1

Absolutely loved the intro of DJ 1 with the "buildup" until 0:11ish and the drop right after. There was a smooth transition to the lyrics at 0:17ish. I liked the voice effect at 0:25-0:28 ish and the deeper bass that kicked in right away. I kinda wish you dropped the heavy bass beat and tried to add one last unique element/variation because from 0:28ish to basically the end of the mix (0:48), that low Khz bass took over the mix. Great job with the EQ throughout the mix though - really felt things "pop" at the right time.

DJ 2 - your intro left me disappointed. If you compare the first 12 seconds of each of your mixes, DJ 1's intro brought me into his mix a lot more. I liked the "slow down"/voice echo effect from 0:23-0:35, but I was looking for more hype in the mix afterwards which never came. Your mix seemed "stagnant" and I felt you could have reached outside of your comfort zone a bit more.

~ Basim :)

Status
Not open for further replies.