• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Week 1 - BTF Ladder -9. Prodigy vs. 7. Sunpreet

Status
Not open for further replies.

PartyJatt

No poll. You must post in the thread to vote. The votes of users with less than 15 *counted* posts will not go towards the total.

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/bhangra-teams-forum/prodigy-vs-sunpreet-dj-1[/soundcloud]
[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/bhangra-teams-forum/prodigy-vs-sunpreet-dj-2[/soundcloud]

-----------
Results (only members with at least 10 votes counted)
DJ 1- 18
DJ 2- 19 (after one vote thrown out)

By a VERY VERY slim margin we have DJ 2 aka Prodigy as the winner! Congrats on a succesful challenge

Basim

♥ BTF ♥
Staff member
My vote: DJ 1

Feeedback:

DJ 1 did a great job on EQing. One of the few mixes from the BTF ladder that I've heard so far that really emphasized the song's vocals. While I liked the intro, the beat mapping seemed off or maybe the beginning transition sounded a little funky (hard to describe, sorry). What I mean is right after the "5 4 3 2 1" - the transition into the original song seemed a bit too "forced" (like you really wanted to incorporate the numbered intro, but couldn't figure out the best way to piece together the two). I enjoyed the "flared" ending - where it seems like someone is lighting a flare and moving it from one side of your ear to the other (a lot better than a simple fade out, which would have been easier to do and more ordinary).

DJ 2 - it seemed like you used 40 seconds just for your intro! I was eagerly waiting to hear the main vocals pop out, but I didn't hear anything until much later in the mix (0:40ish). The intro wasn't even impressive imho. It was a good concept of you bringing in in the 50 Cent rap song to facilitate your intro, but I felt your could have really made this mix a lot better if you had decided to end the "intro" at around 0:11 and then changed the mix up to sound completely different - to me, it sounded very bland from 0:12 until 0:39. Try experimenting more - don't let too much of your mix sound the "same" and bring more hype into your intro & mix to quickly engage the listener - remember you're only gonna have about a minute to showcase your talent!

~ Basim :)

jfried

DJ 2. DJ1's mix is great, but I wanted to hear more of DJ 2's. Sure, the intro's way too long for a short comp like this, but it builds.

Status
Not open for further replies.