• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Week 1: Group A (VOTING CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TegHans

BTF Mixing Mod
Below are the mixes for Group A of the Qualifying Round in the mixing ladder! Please vote by ranking your TOP 2 from the mixes below. Feedback is also welcome, and encouraged!

Voting closes on Thursday, May 7th at 11:59 pm EST. Remember that voting is only open to valid BTF accounts. Newly made accounts will be monitored for possible foul play.

ATTENTION MIXERS:
As a reminder, if mixers vote on every other group matchup for this week, they will have 2 votes added to their own matchup’s tally in their favor!

All DJs were assigned the song Mundri Nishani, linked below:

DJ 1:

DJ 2:

DJ 3:

DJ 4:

DJ 5:

Basim

♥ BTF ♥
Staff member
My 1st place: DJ 2
My 2nd place: DJ 4

DJ 1 - just your average mix; I didn't feel there much that "stood out." Perhaps too much compression?
DJ 3 - Don't feel that rap stuff hit too well with the original song
DJ 5 - hurt my ears, too many clashing sounds

~ Basim :)

swisscheese

It's gotta be DJ 2 and DJ 4 for me!

DJ 1: Good job with the trap beat but not enough melodic content
DJ 2: Loved the vibe - really creative direction to go
DJ 3: The percussion and the layered melody were clashing with the original song and really hid it. Also the second melody didn't match the key signature of the original song
DJ 4: Loved the crescendo throughout the segment. Could have used a bit more bass at the end since you start with so much. EQ otherwise was great and the song still showed through well
DJ 5: The overlapped song was def not key matched to the original song. Good job distorting the mix but there wasn't a concrete trap or dhol beat to latch on to, so it seemed a bit overwhelming

Status
Not open for further replies.