• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Week 1: Group B (VOTING CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasnoor98

BTF Mixing Mod
Below are the mixes for Group B of the Qualifying Round in the mixing ladder! Please vote by ranking your TOP 2 from the mixes below. Feedback is also welcome, and encouraged!

Voting closes on Thursday, May 7th at 11:59 pm EST. Remember that voting is only open to valid BTF accounts. Newly made accounts will be monitored for possible foul play.

ATTENTION MIXERS:
As a reminder, if mixers vote on every other group matchup for this week, they will have 2 votes added to their own matchup’s tally in their favor!

All DJs were assigned the song Jatt Dil Da Bura Ni (feat. Kaka Bhainiawala) , linked below:

Each mixer's submissions are also listed below anonymously.

DJ 1:

________________________________________________________________________________________________________
DJ 2:

________________________________________________________________________________________________________
DJ 3:

DJ 4:

DJ 5:

Last edited:

swisscheese

My vote goes to DJ 1 and 3!

DJ 1 EQ was wonderful and ambience was all there so great work!
DJ 2 Super creative stuff man! Unfortunately the audience for this competition prob wouldn't love the dubstep and I thought overpowered the original song a bit
DJ 3 EQ for this one was also great and tempo changes were great! I would urge against using the same riser again and again when there isn't much of a drop in the second half of the mix - it'll lose it's significance in the grand scheme of things if you put this in a 7 minute set
DJ 4 Syncopations of the trap beats were wonderful! I woulda worked on the EQ and tried to have some more melodic and ambient qualities to it - felt a bit empty at times
DJ 5 Liked the reverb at the start of the mix and liked the song choice. I think, however, that in the middle of the mix the compression started messing with the integrity of the audio quality and I get that you were matching relative minor and major key signatures but the vibe changed when the different songs took over. Good potential

Basim

♥ BTF ♥
Staff member
My 1st place: DJ 1
My 2nd place: DJ 2

DJ 1 - damn, that was hot. Super creative intro and sound clips thrown in. Great concept and executed really well.

DJ 2 - very interesting take. I admire the risk taken. Intro (first 10 seconds) was great; the mix was mastered really well, probably the best of all mixes in this group. Although at times it felt like a little too much going on for my taste (i.e. 0:18-0:19). Favorite part of the mix was 0:32 onward, but wish your extended the lows a little more - I wanted to hear SLIGHTLY heavier bass during the last part without it overpowering the lyrics (tough balance, I know).

DJ 3 - loved your use of tempo changes! When going from slow to hyper fast, after 0:35, I wish you had added a solid drop & added some heavy bass, then REALLY slowed down the song for the outro. I was looking for something a little more to put in you into the top 2 in this group. It was really difficult deciding between you and DJ 2 tbh.

DJ 4 - your mix just had me waiting for something "more" - it didn't excite me as much as the rest of the mixes. For example, I was expecting something incredible right after the fade at 0:05, but all that was there was just clever use of the snare drums

DJ 5 - your mix was well produced and the bass really hit hard. I wish your mix has a little bit more uniqueness to bring it into the top 2, but it was still well done. For example, I really liked what you incorporate at 0:20-0:24, but I wish you continued a bit of the creativity right after to give the listener something different/unique. I also loved your incorporate of the rap lyrics after 0:30.

~ Basim :)

Status
Not open for further replies.