• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Week 1: Group C (VOTING CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TegHans

BTF Mixing Mod
Below are the mixes for Group C of the Qualifying Round in the mixing ladder! Please vote by ranking your TOP 2 from the mixes below. Feedback is also welcome, and encouraged!

Voting closes on Thursday, May 7th at 11:59 pm EST. Remember that voting is only open to valid BTF accounts. Newly made accounts will be monitored for possible foul play.

ATTENTION MIXERS:
As a reminder, if mixers vote on every other group matchup for this week, they will have 2 votes added to their own matchup’s tally in their favor!

All DJs were assigned the song Nachde Punjabi, linked below:

DJ 1:

DJ 2:

DJ 3:

DJ 4:

DJ 5:

Jasnoor98

BTF Mixing Mod
My votes go to DJ 4 and DJ 1!

DJ 1 got me nostalgic with the Young, Wild, n Free haha. DJ 4 , there was great handling of percussion/bass and EQ.

Great creative direction with all these DJs though!

RishiP

I gotta go with DJ 3 and DJ 4.
I thought the samples DJ 3 used fit very well and allowed the mix to flow smoothly, but from 0:10-0:20 it did feel a bit congested and there was a lot going on. In my opinion, DJ 4 had the best-executed mix in terms of EQ as Jasnoor mentioned.

DJ 5: The toosie slide sample didn't seem to combine well with the original song and to me, it sounded like they were just overlayed rather than mixed together

swisscheese

I gotta pick DJ 1 and 4!

DJ 1: loved the boom bap vibe with the nice melody. The vibe was super chill and the EQ matched it perfectly
DJ 2: Coulda done a bit more with it I feel. Lost a lot of the song but didn't really get anything back in return
DJ 3: I felt the background clashed with the original song a bit - perhaps key signature? Vibe was nice tho. Coulda used a bit more help from risers and falls
DJ 4: 808s really hit at the end. Loved the snares you used at the end. Could have used a bit more help at the start since the build up was so long
DJ 5: Drake song definitely clashed with the original song a bit but good effort trying to match key signatures. Also felt dhol coulda been louder.

Status
Not open for further replies.