• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Week 1: Group H (VOTING CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

srikarran

BTF Mixing Mod
Below are the mixes for Group H of the Qualifying Round in the mixing ladder! Please vote by ranking your TOP 2 from the mixes below. Feedback is also welcome, and encouraged!

Voting closes on Thursday, May 7th at 11:59 pm EST. Remember that voting is only open to valid BTF accounts. Newly made accounts will be monitored for possible foul play.

ATTENTION MIXERS: As a reminder, if mixers vote on every other group matchup for this week, they will have 2 votes added to their own matchup’s tally in their favor!

All DJs were assigned the song Lehmber Hussainpuri - Do Adde Mittran Ne , linked below:

Each mixer's submissions are also listed below anonymously.

DJ 1:

________________________________________________________________________________________________________
DJ 2:

________________________________________________________________________________________________________
DJ 3:

DJ 4:

DJ 5:

DJ 6:

Last edited:

RishiP

My votes go to DJ 6 and DJ 1

DJ 1: This mix felt a lot more fleshed out than some of the others and while it didn't have any crazy ideas, it was executed really well and felt complete.
DJ 2: I feel like this had solid potential with the build up and the drop(which hit really well) but needed to be polished up a bit. Some of the drums felt really abrupt and overall it wasn't as cohesive as it could have been.
DJ 3: Some solid ideas but I think it was a bit ambitious and wasn't able to completely come together with all the samples included
DJ 4: Felt kinda basic and incomplete. I think there's definitely room for more creative ideas and just filling out the sound a bit more.
DJ 5: I thought this had some nice ideas for the drops but, for me, the low end was a bit overpowering to the point where the original song seemed to get lost with everything going on.
DJ 6: This was the most entertaining out of this group for me. I think simplicity played a big role for me here. I appreciate the fact that at certain points you held back on instrumentals and other samples to have the drops hit clean(specifically at 0:25 and 0:34).

swisscheese

I vote for DJ 1 and 5!
DJ 1: Liked the chords you made with the vocals at the end and just very full sounding great stuff
DJ 2: Might wanna try to add some more ambience to the song but the percussions were on point
DJ 3: Could have worked but you GOTTA match key signatures and sometimes having less is better
DJ 4: Loved the boom bap vibe but I felt like too much of the song was covered up and percussions were too much at times
DJ 5: LOVED this one Drake lyrics worked really well. Key signatures all worked well and loved the tempo changes
DJ 6: Certain thins worked really well but changing the syncopation of the percussions coulda added to the hype and there wasn't enough melodic content. Also, adding reverb to the "thakata thakata tha" could Go a long way

sriharifez

oh man. three way tie for me: 1, 5 and 6, if i have to pick i'll go off EQ cleanliness and say 1 and 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.