• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Meistro

Asi Shounk Nu Karaiyaan Muschaan Kundiyaan...
Re: MAC or PC?

hahahahahah that was great........im gonna stick with a pc on this one. I dont think i can ever get used to the mac's operating system.

pluthra

wat a random post...but ys every1 hate on the mac....i luv it...1 ppl cant use ur laptop b/c they dont kno how-so they nvr ask to borrow urs

-but ya half the things u want to be able to do u cant (like downloadin files-cant always download music)
-no music program out there that is compatiable w/the mac-if there is let me kno

sulmoney

smd, bitch

parul, what questions/problems are you having with your mac? i am a mac whore, so maybe i can help? i use garageband to make all our mixes, and for more complex stuff, you can use logic studio (i think thats what its called)...and what cant you download? i can download like everything, you just gotta know how to

Chidiya

[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]PC[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

pluthra

i have garageband on mine but i have no idea how to use it at all...havent evn played around w/it....can u actually import songs and edit em...b/c mine just shows like a piano, a guitar...blah blah and allows u to play jingle bells and mary had alittle lamb on it (ok not really thats all i remember how to play)

-is it easy to learn-like did u just try w/e and is it actually good?

Jukie

Ladoo Khaa La

Mac is really nice... but it takes a while to get used to it

sulmoney

smd, bitch

Parul said:
i have garageband on mine but i have no idea how to use it at all...havent evn played around w/it....can u actually import songs and edit em...b/c mine just shows like a piano, a guitar...blah blah and allows u to play jingle bells and mary had alittle lamb on it (ok not really thats all i remember how to play)
haha, mary had a little lamb...yeah, its pretty easy to learn, you just have to sit down and devote some time into learning how the software works, and how you can make it work for you...importing songs and sound effects are easy, your itunes library is there already for you to import, and dragging a folder of sound effects or anything else that you want is as easy as drag and drop into the media library section...the biggest thing though, just spend some time with it and learn how it works, it will pay off

Saleem

Administrator
Staff member

mac's certainly have their benefits when it comes to graphic design/video editing and the like. I will give them points where deserved. Also, Apple's attention to the User Interface and "gloss" is a nice touch.

What I don't like
- The systems (hardware) are crazy expensive. often, similarly spec'ed laptops or desktops are almost double the price when loaded with Apple's OS. Everything is proprietary. Apple even charges an arm and a leg for RAM.

- "Security". The only reason mac is seen as secure is that a market share of 5% is not worth pursuing hacks for. Proof of Concept viruses have been made for macs. If you want security, go for a *NIX system (i.e., linux, unix), and yes I know Mac OS is based off unix...

- overly-smug attitude (see: sulmoney)

- mac vs pc ads: overly smug mac who i want to punch

- cult like fanboys and black turtlenecks

PCs arent perfect but the interoperability, low-buy-in, and ease of use is the winner.

rajkaran

I was really weary about switching from a PC to a macbook pro because everyone said it was difficult to use...but believe me...it's not that hard to figure out at all once you play with it for a day or two...and price wise, i'd say it's worth it to get a nice mac because although you wouldn't pay AS much for a similar PC, you'll be getting a lot more from Ur mac (applecare, built-in camera/mic, bluetooth, sturdy, security, strong airport, illuminated keyboard (great feature for college students), great media software, etc...). And though I agree that mac does seem very snobbish at times...when you need help from them, they actually DO help (at least in my experience)...you can actually make an appointment to sit down and talk with people at their "genius bar"...hmm...wat else...oh! If you're a student, you might be eligible for discount and the opportunity to get a free ipod with Ur purchase (sweet deal in my opinion)...

here are some of the cons that i can think of:
- searching for mac supported applications ( .dmg) is a little difficult, but not impossible at all
- battery life starts out great...but dwindles after a year or so if you don't take care of the battery properly
- extra hardware is ridiculously expensive

__
overall, in my opinion, the benefits of a mac outweigh those of a pc

zagreus

I'm about to build a beast of a PC...and I wouldn't go MAC. I've used MAC on many occasions, and I had to learn how to use it for various certifications, there's just no value in me getting one. I'm sure they're great for certain things..but the PC has dominance. The compatibility of programs/games is a huge plus for me. Plus making mixes and stuff is just as easy on a PC...no problems at all.

All that matters is...KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING!...it's as simple as that. I prefer my beast of a PC to a prissy little MAC, I want to punch you Sulmoney..you remind me of a MAC ad. :)

Meistro

Asi Shounk Nu Karaiyaan Muschaan Kundiyaan...

I love how theres mac ads in this thread. Makes me wanna punch my computer screen.

sulmoney

smd, bitch

wow, you guys are threatening violence against me, when all i did was offer to help parul with questions about her mac! i guess this must be your pent up aggression with having to deal with windows :p

Manjot

speaking of ads...why is king spelt wrong lol "singh is kinng"..the ad to buy tickets for the show

rajkaran

Manjot said:
speaking of ads...why is king spelt wrong lol "singh is kinng"..the ad to buy tickets for the show
good point! i was wondering that too...i mean, how could one misspell "king"?

Saleem

Administrator
Staff member

rajkaran said:
Manjot said:
good point! i was wondering that too...i mean, how could one misspell "king"?
They misspelled it on purpose. No idea why
http://www.singhiskinng.com/ (wow i havent seen marquee text since 1998...)

pluthra

i dont get where u guys r seein these ads....maybe if u used a mac u wudnt have to have a bunch of anger built up inside u :p