New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem
Ashqe Soniye was an exhibition act made up of the best dancers from the region (or america? i don rmr buut the intro vid explained lol). It was an AWESOMEEE performance, 2 years ago. I was sitting up front, it was so sweeeeet. Vardi were tight I think the video is on Facebook somewehere, or it's on youtube. If it's not on youtube it probably got taken down but I know I saw it again somewhere...Papu said:its Ashqe Sohniye...they competed two years ago at Fusion
they did some solid folk bhangra...
plus they weren't a local team, they practiced over youtube
actually, they not only competed, but they placed 3rd if i remember correctly...here is their vid...big ups to my ex-anatomy ta, anandMariam said:Ashqe Soniye was an exhibition act made up of the best dancers from the region (or america? i don rmr buut the intro vid explained lol). It was an AWESOMEEE performance, 2 years ago. I was sitting up front, it was so sweeeeet. Vardi were tight I think the video is on Facebook somewehere, or it's on youtube. If it's not on youtube it probably got taken down but I know I saw it again somewhere...Papu said:its Ashqe Sohniye...they competed two years ago at Fusion
they did some solid folk bhangra...
plus they weren't a local team, they practiced over youtube
Anyway, DETROITI can't wait!
Is this team still around?????sulmoney said:actually, they not only competed, but they placed 3rd if i remember correctly...here is their vid...big ups to my ex-anatomy ta, anandMariam said:Ashqe Soniye was an exhibition act made up of the best dancers from the region (or america? i don rmr buut the intro vid explained lol). It was an AWESOMEEE performance, 2 years ago. I was sitting up front, it was so sweeeeet. Vardi were tight I think the video is on Facebook somewehere, or it's on youtube. If it's not on youtube it probably got taken down but I know I saw it again somewhere...Papu said:its Ashqe Sohniye...they competed two years ago at Fusion
they did some solid folk bhangra...
plus they weren't a local team, they practiced over youtube
Anyway, DETROITI can't wait!
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6749627874068232983
Don't let med school get in the way of BHANGRA!!! ;DNSC said:Thanks everyone for the positive comments
In response to Dippy and for others who have also asked me about this....When I started the team up, I thought that we could def manage and compete for at least a couple of years....because we were in a few different cities, we had to rely on practicing on our own (we only practiced 3 times as a team before Fusion)....but even with that, there is still a lot of effort involved in choreographing/coordinating/music etc. After 4 of us started med school last year, we realized we really couldn't make new routines/practice like we wanted to. I guess if we were 2 years younger we would still be dancing!
Sahiba Da Tarla - Kuldip ManakWooow....Does anyone have the mirza/sahiba cut that plays around 5.55??? It sounds really sick.