• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

    New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Ashqe Soniye

Papu

New Member
Messages
23
its Ashqe Sohniye...they competed two years ago at Fusion

they did some solid folk bhangra...

plus they weren't a local team, they practiced over youtube
 

mafzal

Judge / Dancer
Messages
2,098
Papu said:
its Ashqe Sohniye...they competed two years ago at Fusion

they did some solid folk bhangra...

plus they weren't a local team, they practiced over youtube
Ashqe Soniye was an exhibition act made up of the best dancers from the region (or america? i don rmr buut the intro vid explained lol). It was an AWESOMEEE performance, 2 years ago. I was sitting up front, it was so sweeeeet. Vardi were tight I think the video is on Facebook somewehere, or it's on youtube. If it's not on youtube it probably got taken down but I know I saw it again somewhere...

Anyway, DETROIT :D I can't wait!
 

sulmoney

smd, bitch
Messages
532
Mariam said:
Papu said:
its Ashqe Sohniye...they competed two years ago at Fusion

they did some solid folk bhangra...

plus they weren't a local team, they practiced over youtube
Ashqe Soniye was an exhibition act made up of the best dancers from the region (or america? i don rmr buut the intro vid explained lol). It was an AWESOMEEE performance, 2 years ago. I was sitting up front, it was so sweeeeet. Vardi were tight I think the video is on Facebook somewehere, or it's on youtube. If it's not on youtube it probably got taken down but I know I saw it again somewhere...

Anyway, DETROIT :D I can't wait!
actually, they not only competed, but they placed 3rd if i remember correctly...here is their vid...big ups to my ex-anatomy ta, anand :)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6749627874068232983
 

Jeeti

New Member
Messages
974
In regards to Ashqe's performance, i saw that live...it was a sick, sick performance...nana was on dhol...and they were loaded with experienced dancers...they didnt really have a "back line" and a "front line"...crazy mix, sick choreo...
 

Ashqe

Member
Messages
610
Oh yeah, I remember Ashqe Sohniya. One of my favorite performances, especially back in the day. I remember PDDS was also amazing that same year at Fusion '06.
 

Dippy

New Member
Messages
327
sulmoney said:
Mariam said:
Papu said:
its Ashqe Sohniye...they competed two years ago at Fusion

they did some solid folk bhangra...

plus they weren't a local team, they practiced over youtube
Ashqe Soniye was an exhibition act made up of the best dancers from the region (or america? i don rmr buut the intro vid explained lol). It was an AWESOMEEE performance, 2 years ago. I was sitting up front, it was so sweeeeet. Vardi were tight I think the video is on Facebook somewehere, or it's on youtube. If it's not on youtube it probably got taken down but I know I saw it again somewhere...

Anyway, DETROIT :D I can't wait!
actually, they not only competed, but they placed 3rd if i remember correctly...here is their vid...big ups to my ex-anatomy ta, anand :)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6749627874068232983
Is this team still around?????
 

NSC

Member
Messages
125
Thanks everyone for the positive comments

In response to Dippy and for others who have also asked me about this....When I started the team up, I thought that we could def manage and compete for at least a couple of years....because we were in a few different cities, we had to rely on practicing on our own (we only practiced 3 times as a team before Fusion)....but even with that, there is still a lot of effort involved in choreographing/coordinating/music etc. After 4 of us started med school last year, we realized we really couldn't make new routines/practice like we wanted to. I guess if we were 2 years younger we would still be dancing!
 

Dippy

New Member
Messages
327
NSC said:
Thanks everyone for the positive comments

In response to Dippy and for others who have also asked me about this....When I started the team up, I thought that we could def manage and compete for at least a couple of years....because we were in a few different cities, we had to rely on practicing on our own (we only practiced 3 times as a team before Fusion)....but even with that, there is still a lot of effort involved in choreographing/coordinating/music etc. After 4 of us started med school last year, we realized we really couldn't make new routines/practice like we wanted to. I guess if we were 2 years younger we would still be dancing!
Don't let med school get in the way of BHANGRA!!! ;D
 

Ashveer

New Member
Messages
492
Wooow....Does anyone have the mirza/sahiba cut that plays around 5.55??? It sounds really sick.
 

Ashqe

Member
Messages
610
Wooow....Does anyone have the mirza/sahiba cut that plays around 5.55??? It sounds really sick.
Sahiba Da Tarla - Kuldip Manak

Also NSC, if you still have them do you mind posting the Ashqe, Aho, and Sword Slash effects that you guys used. The Ashqe sound effect is sick!

And the Hawawaan segment is definitely my favorite routine used by a team for that song. And the segment/song right after Hawawaan is sick too. And Nana just sounds unbelievable too, the dhol is partly what made the music for me.
 

chijatt

New Member
Messages
294
Like Jeeti, I was sitting front row for this performance with my old team. It was such an incredible performance - PDDS brought down the house too. I think that was my first exposure to more traditional bhangra - big ups Nav. The choreo and the mix were dope. MBT's Fusion 06 and Ashqe's Fusion 07 are among my favorites.
 

Vijay

Member
Messages
646
heres a link to the full tracklist if anyones interested:

http://www.punjabonline.com/servlet/community.discussions?Action=doDisplayTopic&Expand=-2&Tier=0&Param=79913&Category=1&New=t
 

Jeeti

New Member
Messages
974
This is the product of a buncha great, experienced dancers getting together for a last (hopefully not for all of u) hoorah.
 
Top