• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

EXTREMELY OFF-TOPIC, but how do you guys meet people/date?

sartajjudge

hardeep_singh said:
SAMMI said:
Lol! They'll die of grief.

And your posts crack me up (even though they're true).
list of things that would cause punjabi/sikh parents grief:

1) being gay/lesbian
2) marrying muslim guy/girl
3) marrying white/black/non-punjabi girl/guy
4) marrying outside religion
5) marrying outside caste
6) getting divorced
7) not getting married
8 ) gettin married to a bitchy guy/girl
9) getting married and not having kids

bonus points for pullin off a combo

lol at the "Bonus Points for pulling off a combo"

I don't think #5 would be cause for grief, but every parent is different I guess.

SAMMI

hardeep_singh said:
SAMMI said:

1) being gay/lesbian
6) getting divorced
7) not getting married

Being gay/lesbian has to be the biggest one. L@L, though - so true.

sunnybonez

u trolling breh?
SAMMI said:
hardeep_singh said:
SAMMI said:

1) being gay/lesbian
6) getting divorced
7) not getting married

my mom was like dont marry "bmw" i was like big black women???....

turned out to be black white muslim...

quite funny...

kinda sad in a way

py335

sunnybonez said:
SAMMI said:
hardeep_singh said:
SAMMI said:

1) being gay/lesbian
6) getting divorced
7) not getting married

my mom was like dont marry "bmw" i was like big black women???....

turned out to be black white muslim...

quite funny...

kinda sad in a way

lmao my family/family friends have said the same exact thing to me. all the time

itsG

sartajjudge said:
hardeep_singh said:
SAMMI said:

1) being gay/lesbian
6) getting divorced
7) not getting married

lol at the "Bonus Points for pulling off a combo"

I don't think #5 would be cause for grief, but every parent is different I guess.

#5 definitely causes grief, i've been given specific orders lol with details haha

the simpler version of the list - "Marry within your religion/caste/ethnicity and have children and do not get divorced" then you shall be a loving daughter/son lol

hardeep - i heard the imported models last longer and work better haha :D i mean final decision is upto me right its not rassey bann k anand karj te bathaun lage aa haha plus i got mad time im barely 20. its just annoying they bring up the topic over and over mostly my mom lol
the sharra card played fairly well with me i just said its okay my younger brother will have children and i can be a sharra thaiya

SAMMI - try "koi vadhiya jiha kala labh k liyado" haha tht'll definitely get them thing WTF for a little while even if its only 5/10 min.

hardeep_singh

itsG said:
#5 definitely causes grief, i've been given specific orders lol with details haha

the simpler version of the list - "Marry within your religion/caste/ethnicity and have children and do not get divorced" then you shall be a loving daughter/son lol

hardeep - i heard the imported models last longer and work better haha :D i mean final decision is upto me right its not rassey bann k anand karj te bathaun lage aa haha plus i got mad time im barely 20. its just annoying they bring up the topic over and over mostly my mom lol
the sharra card played fairly well with me i just said its okay my younger brother will have children and i can be a sharra thaiya

SAMMI - try "koi vadhiya jiha kala labh k liyado" haha tht'll definitely get them thing WTF for a little while even if its only 5/10 min.
i had a cousin try 2 marry a jatti and everyone made a huge deal out of it and it ended up not happening. i also had another cousin marry a white girl, i wasnt allowed to go to the wedding and i get lectured for months about how i shouldnt do that.

eh im not a fan of importing cuz u never know how well theyre gonna adapt or if they'll expect to have everythin given to em and be treated like a princess. plus the logistics are a pain, you actually gotta travel to india to get it goin and u have a limited amount of time to get to know her...ya im not down for that kinda situation. i feel like it would be alot better to find someone in US or canadia. lol i keep tellin my parents to get my younger bro married first since he'll just go with wutever they tell him to.

lol i hope sammi doesnt try that cuz thats riskin a bigass thappar straight to the face.

itsG

lol the importing line is supposed to be a joke bro
imported car models are better hence the imported models are better lol lets be real in a brown fam like we all agreed its similar to buying a car haha

jaz89

caste is such a load of shite. anyone who believes in it in this day and age is simply ignorant or uneducated :eek: iv told my family im going to purposely find someone from the "lowest" caste to piss everyone off and prove a point ;D

SAMMI

Going off on a tangent a little bit, my family has always said they were going to set my brother up with someone from India because good girls don't exist out here. I've raged at that numerous times because what does that make me, then?! Lol. Although, that was in the past in my family, but I'm pretty sure a lot of families still use that argument. I've actually completely persuaded my parental unit to look only in the US (maybe Canada, too, if they weren't such queen worshippers). My arguments were sound:

1) no super expensive traveling
2) no not being able to predict how the individual will react as soon as they get here (guys from the pind may go crazy looking at the swarm of goriyaan or overall openness of women/everything out here while being married to me. I would much rather have a guy who has seen it all, gone through his freedom phase and has retracted a little.)
3) no trying to hook them up with a freaking job...when you're supposed to be well-settled at marriage age in the first place.
4) no spending lots of time and money applying for their entire family to come out here (and then housing them, too?? then also helping them find jobs, too??)
5) no accent/BO issues

Like seriously - daffa karo all of that if you have choices out here.
Sacrifice all that for the sake of them having a little history (given it wasn't too whore-ish)?? Nahh.

About the kala thing. A girl I know here came from a typical Punjabi Jatt family. They got her married off. She has always been a little coockoo, and her import husband left her and their daughter as soon as his 5 year ordeal was over regarding citizenship. What is she doing now? She lives with a kaala with her daughter, and the entire town talks. I know it was a joke, but still. Fathom the wrath! (noracist)

ENVY BANG-RUH

Let the music move you!!!!!
^^^^
off topic posts don't get counted.

Funniest thing my mom's ever said to me is, "don't marry any non-indian, sirf tera ghar te paisa lutton nu firdiya"

hardeep_singh

SAMMI said:
Btw, why is my post count stuck at 5? :(
:p cuz u dont get creds for posting on a topic u started

lol i agree with your points against importing from the pind, i know of shit going down in situations like that. 1 example is a girl that got married n came over n got caught talking on the phone with her bf back in the pind, she was plannin on ditching her husband/in laws and bringing him over. i think parents are just delusionally hoping that girls/guys from the pind haven't been "corrupted" but honestly seems like the kids over there are even worse these days. good call on the accent/bo thing mite be awkward in social situations..."yo this is my wife hope u dont mind the occassional BO and her accent"

the thing bout history is that people over-analyze, everyones got history my opinion is it shouldnt really matter, if your picky just find someone with similar history/values.

hardeep_singh

ENVY BANG-RUH said:
Funniest thing my mom's ever said to me is, "don't marry any non-indian, sirf tera ghar te paisa lutton nu firdiya"
my parents told me just to stay away from american girls cuz they'll take my money AND give me aids

SAMMI

hardeep_singh said:
ENVY BANG-RUH said:
my parents told me just to stay away from american girls cuz they'll take my money AND give me aids

LOL as if AIDs isn't rampant in India. Delusional parents are, indeed, delusional.

ENVY BANG-RUH

Let the music move you!!!!!
hardeep_singh said:
ENVY BANG-RUH said:
Lol that's kinda funny since India's jumped the gun on the aids count. Yea mostly south India, but to scare the rents I'd say India as a whole.

jaz89

SAMMI said:
Going off on a tangent a little bit, my family has always said they were going to set my brother up with someone from India because good girls don't exist out here. I've raged at that numerous times because what does that make me, then?! Lol. Although, that was in the past in my family, but I'm pretty sure a lot of families still use that argument. I've actually completely persuaded my parental unit to look only in the US (maybe Canada, too, if they weren't such queen worshippers). My arguments were sound:

2) no not being able to predict how the individual will react as soon as they get here (guys from the pind may go crazy looking at the swarm of goriyaan or overall openness of women/everything out here while being married to me. I would much rather have a guy who has seen it all, gone through his freedom phase and has retracted a little.)
3) no trying to hook them up with a freaking job...when you're supposed to be well-settled at marriage age in the first place.
4) no spending lots of time and money applying for their entire family to come out here (and then housing them, too?? then also helping them find jobs, too??)
5) no accent/BO issues

Sacrifice all that for the sake of them having a little history (given it wasn't too whore-ish)?? Nahh.

About the kala thing. A girl I know here came from a typical Punjabi Jatt family. They got her married off. She has always been a little coockoo, and her import husband left her and their daughter as soon as his 5 year ordeal was over regarding citizenship. What is she doing now? She lives with a kaala with her daughter, and the entire town talks. I know it was a joke, but still. Fathom the wrath! (noracist)
Yeah i wouldn't even consider marrying a girl from punjab :/. i think people in punjab now have no respect for their culture as well as a religion anymore. i go punjab around 3 times every year, all i see is fob wannabes speaking hindi/english (cuz punjabi 'aint cool'), listening to american pop music (cuz punjabi music is 'pendoo') and so on and soforth. most of them (girls included) are on drugs/alcoholism nowadays sniffing glue or downing cough medicine. Like i said none of them know anything about their cultural or religious background/history.
NEVER ever think people from punjab don't have a history.You'd be shocked at what goes down there. There's this married chick in my nanake pindh who has 'gotten visited' by every guy in the pind. They just go for casual fun and she loves it :eek: Last year her husband committed suicide of shame but she's still at it!

itsG

^^this guy knows whats up
shit that goes down in the pind is soooo crazy its ridiculous.

hardeep i just pictured the "yo this is my wife and dont mind the BO" in my head and lol'ed in class lol

ENVY BANG-RUH said:
hardeep_singh said:
ENVY BANG-RUH said:
Lol that's kinda funny since India's jumped the gun on the aids count. Yea mostly south India, but to scare the rents I'd say India as a whole.
last i checked ludhiana ranked in at #1 mostly cuz of immigrant laborers but #1 nonetheless (maybe punjab just likes to be the best lmfaoo)

smp

jaz89 said:
SAMMI said:

5) no accent/BO issues

Yeah i wouldn't even consider marrying a girl from punjab :/. i think people in punjab now have no respect for their culture as well as a religion anymore. i go punjab around 3 times every year, all i see is fob wannabes speaking hindi/english (cuz punjabi 'aint cool'), listening to american pop music (cuz punjabi music is 'pendoo') and so on and soforth. most of them (girls included) are on drugs/alcoholism nowadays sniffing glue or downing cough medicine. Like i said none of them know anything about their cultural or religious background/history.
NEVER ever think people from punjab don't have a history.You'd be shocked at what goes down there. There's this married chick in my nanake pindh who has 'gotten visited' by every guy in the pind. They just go for casual fun and she loves it :eek: Last year her husband committed suicide of shame but she's still at it!
Wow what a whore whats the name of the pind

smp

Since were all telling stories I know a guy here in California who went to India and married a girl of his parents choice. He came back to the US for a year while his wife's papers were going through so she could come later on. So two months ago he goes back to India to visit her and she tells him to fuck off and that she has a boyfriend whose in jail and is soon about to get out. Her father knew about it the whole time that's why he was in such a rush to marry her off, her whole plan was to come to the US divorce him and then invite her bf here. The fucked up thing is this guy still wants her and her dads making all these promises that hes going to make sure she has no contact with her criminal bf lol oh and his little brother who went to high school with me married a Mexican chick behind there back and shes living with them now. Everything just went downhill for them my dads like we cant talk to them anymore rofl just cause of that.

sartajjudge

Def. some interesting stories. It's too bad about the rundy (that got a visit from every guy) from the pindh in one of the above mentioned posts.