• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

EXTREMELY OFF-TOPIC, but how do you guys meet people/date?

Ssingh91

damn what is wrong with our community? all these stories. i wonder how our future would be hmm.......

voxanimus

<('.'<) (>'.')>
Ssingh91 said:
damn what is wrong with our community? all these stories. i wonder how our future would be hmm.......
i don't think that stories like the ones given here are characteristic of the majority of punjabi people; it's just that no one wants to remember and tell the stories of the regular dudes leading normal, relatively successful lives. i'm sure your future is going to be fine.

Maheep

xcuse me for asking again
but u said u were 20 rite?
and ur parents are already pressuring you to find someone??!!
the thing is that, depending on the life you want to lead you should tell them your plans cuz the less ppl kno bout u the more they assume
and when it comes to this parents are actually worse cuz they have a protective mentality and they might be offended if you tell them l8r of what you want in life, your goal, education etc
so the safest way to play this is tell them where you want to be in bout 5 years and ask them to accept it
but if u do want to get married now my advice is find some you can tolerate at worst cuz u dont want to be w/ some1 that pisses u off every time u look at them
also for rite now live your life in the moment arite, cuz once you get married ur life is effed
just relax and enjoy what life gives u and ull be fine

also im 17 not married and prefer to be a sharra so the advice im giving u is based on what i predict is going to happen to me in 5-8 years

itsG

no i said im 20 she never gave an age (atleast i dont rmr reading one)

smp said:
jaz89 said:
SAMMI said:
Going off on a tangent a little bit, my family has always said they were going to set my brother up with someone from India because good girls don't exist out here. I've raged at that numerous times because what does that make me, then?! Lol. Although, that was in the past in my family, but I'm pretty sure a lot of families still use that argument. I've actually completely persuaded my parental unit to look only in the US (maybe Canada, too, if they weren't such queen worshippers). My arguments were sound:

1) no super expensive traveling
2) no not being able to predict how the individual will react as soon as they get here (guys from the pind may go crazy looking at the swarm of goriyaan or overall openness of women/everything out here while being married to me. I would much rather have a guy who has seen it all, gone through his freedom phase and has retracted a little.)
3) no trying to hook them up with a freaking job...when you're supposed to be well-settled at marriage age in the first place.
4) no spending lots of time and money applying for their entire family to come out here (and then housing them, too?? then also helping them find jobs, too??)
5) no accent/BO issues

Like seriously - daffa karo all of that if you have choices out here.
Sacrifice all that for the sake of them having a little history (given it wasn't too whore-ish)?? Nahh.

About the kala thing. A girl I know here came from a typical Punjabi Jatt family. They got her married off. She has always been a little coockoo, and her import husband left her and their daughter as soon as his 5 year ordeal was over regarding citizenship. What is she doing now? She lives with a kaala with her daughter, and the entire town talks. I know it was a joke, but still. Fathom the wrath! (noracist)
Yeah i wouldn't even consider marrying a girl from punjab :/. i think people in punjab now have no respect for their culture as well as a religion anymore. i go punjab around 3 times every year, all i see is fob wannabes speaking hindi/english (cuz punjabi 'aint cool'), listening to american pop music (cuz punjabi music is 'pendoo') and so on and soforth. most of them (girls included) are on drugs/alcoholism nowadays sniffing glue or downing cough medicine. Like i said none of them know anything about their cultural or religious background/history.
NEVER ever think people from punjab don't have a history.You'd be shocked at what goes down there. There's this married chick in my nanake pindh who has 'gotten visited' by every guy in the pind. They just go for casual fun and she loves it :eek: Last year her husband committed suicide of shame but she's still at it!
Wow what a whore whats the name of the pind
tu mil k auna ;p

smp

itsG said:
no i said im 20 she never gave an age (atleast i dont rmr reading one)

smp said:
jaz89 said:
SAMMI said:
Going off on a tangent a little bit, my family has always said they were going to set my brother up with someone from India because good girls don't exist out here. I've raged at that numerous times because what does that make me, then?! Lol. Although, that was in the past in my family, but I'm pretty sure a lot of families still use that argument. I've actually completely persuaded my parental unit to look only in the US (maybe Canada, too, if they weren't such queen worshippers). My arguments were sound:

1) no super expensive traveling
2) no not being able to predict how the individual will react as soon as they get here (guys from the pind may go crazy looking at the swarm of goriyaan or overall openness of women/everything out here while being married to me. I would much rather have a guy who has seen it all, gone through his freedom phase and has retracted a little.)
3) no trying to hook them up with a freaking job...when you're supposed to be well-settled at marriage age in the first place.
4) no spending lots of time and money applying for their entire family to come out here (and then housing them, too?? then also helping them find jobs, too??)
5) no accent/BO issues

Like seriously - daffa karo all of that if you have choices out here.
Sacrifice all that for the sake of them having a little history (given it wasn't too whore-ish)?? Nahh.

About the kala thing. A girl I know here came from a typical Punjabi Jatt family. They got her married off. She has always been a little coockoo, and her import husband left her and their daughter as soon as his 5 year ordeal was over regarding citizenship. What is she doing now? She lives with a kaala with her daughter, and the entire town talks. I know it was a joke, but still. Fathom the wrath! (noracist)
Yeah i wouldn't even consider marrying a girl from punjab :/. i think people in punjab now have no respect for their culture as well as a religion anymore. i go punjab around 3 times every year, all i see is fob wannabes speaking hindi/english (cuz punjabi 'aint cool'), listening to american pop music (cuz punjabi music is 'pendoo') and so on and soforth. most of them (girls included) are on drugs/alcoholism nowadays sniffing glue or downing cough medicine. Like i said none of them know anything about their cultural or religious background/history.
NEVER ever think people from punjab don't have a history.You'd be shocked at what goes down there. There's this married chick in my nanake pindh who has 'gotten visited' by every guy in the pind. They just go for casual fun and she loves it :eek: Last year her husband committed suicide of shame but she's still at it!
Wow what a whore whats the name of the pind
tu mil k auna ;p
just to set her straight bro nothing more ;D

HdBrar

Welcome to the Dark Side.
Ssingh91 said:
rajiv0224 said:
shaadi.com

punjabishaadi.com

sikhmatrimony.com

India Abroad matrimonial section
bharatmatrimony.com

HAHAHAA Well... I guess you could meet people at competitions and parties... That's how I met some new peeps.