• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Joshiley Jawan at Virsa Punjab Da 09

Manjit

Sickkk performance!

smehta said:
Just wanted to say that this past weekend was a lot of fun, and thank you for all the feedback, good and bad. Shout outs go to uva and unc for doing such an amazing job....and to the boys from bhangra knights for rockin it on stage and with me at the afterpartyy (you guys are some sick hip hop dancers ;)).
...and some sick gidha dancers! ;D

Nandini

definitely killed it! real graceful jhummer, and kabaddi segment was tighttt

bhangra knights: your giddha and hiphop at the afterparty amazed us all. especially your giddha.

Waleed

Mucho impressed JJ. It is really refreshing to see an emphasis on execution and softer delivery of moves versus crack-induced-joint-breaking hype style moves that a lot of teams are now leaning towards. I think grace should never be compromised and it is evident you guys value that. Choreo was good and song selection/track was very entertaining (which is captivating for your average non-folk bhangra fan).

Gudi vangu - always a hit. Overall execution very clean and almost flawless.

Only feedback would be to maybe spread out formations and have more movement. The jhummer techno remix got too busy, it's always nice to hear a simple tune (just dhol even) when jhummer kicks in as it slows down the tempo.

You guys are def on the right track and are gonna do BIG THANGs. Biggie ups to SRK, Sheel, Nikhil and Marshi-al.

Also, I found this on the youtube channel (just click the link when it says 'Embedding disabled by request'. Sorry in advance Sheel ;D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgM5_kYkxag

Sunny B

ਪੁਰਜਾ ਪੁਰਜਾ ਕਟ ਮਰੈ ਕਬਹੂ ਨ ਛਾਡੈ ਖੇਤੁ...
That Was Nice Performance..Keep up The Good Work Guys

MPElive

Ehhh Folllkkkkkk Ahhh !!
Good performance.. Majority of the VCU dancers in here. The choreography was good and it went well with the mix. Good luck at your future performances.

pritpal94

Too good, just too good! Nicely done guys and congratulations! I have to say the ending was very unique!
IM LOVIN' IT!

Nikhil

Just to clarify we are all VCU dancers as well but we operate independent of VCU Bhangra (co-ed) as Joshiley Jawan. Bhangra Knightz WHATUPPP...UVA AND UNC!! Robinson sweeeeep

also, Bulldawg, thank you so much for the saap and kundeh...I love them and will buy them off of you with hugs and kisses :-*

cheena

Very sick performance. Nice meeting you sheel and nikhil.

haha big ups to bhangra knightz for lettin me rock out with yall at the afterparty

amriksahni

Joshiley Jawan -

Great performance; I don't plan to go into detail about which joris look like they are dating, but, having established that, I do think you all work very well together. Though clearly evident that the skill levels of some of the dancers vary, I saw some very coordinated segments, dang and sialkoti in particular, that I think really helped out. As the trend moves towards all-guys teams with more and more people on stage, sometimes it's a breath of fresh air to get to see the less "in-your-face" 8-man team. Honestly, the crowd would rather hear 8 good songs, than 20 songs mixed together with Chris Brown, T-Pain, and Kanye West all sounding like Alvin and the Chipmunks.

Well done, and a well deserved trophy. Keep up the good work.

Amrik

Mowsuf

awesome performance guys, very clean, alotta grace, loved it. Keep up the good work

Shahzaib Khan

Nikhil said:
Just to clarify we are all VCU dancers as well but we operate independent of VCU Bhangra (co-ed) as Joshiley Jawan. Bhangra Knightz WHATUPPP...UVA AND UNC!! Robinson sweeeeep

also, Bulldawg, thank you so much for the saap and kundeh...I love them and will buy them off of you with hugs and kisses :-*

and robinson sec. loll goodjob guys i wish i was dancing with you and congrats big brother

turabali

Joshiley Jawan ____ holla
Shahzaib Khan said:
Nikhil said:

and robinson sec. loll goodjob guys i wish i was dancing with you and congrats big brother

and howard uni. who lives all the way in md lmao lol whcih sucks

Akaash Manan

I wanted to say Thank you to all the people that have been supporting us and enjoyed our video. It means a lot. This past weekend was an experience of a lifetime, especially being my first performance and all. I deff. enjoyed doing nakre to UNC during our Gudhi Wangu segment ;-). Hopefully we all will meet and compete again, thank you all once again for all the love and support.

Akaash Manan

Tuckerrrr

Nikhil said:

Haha no problem Nikhil. We'll give the contact info for the saaps to Sher so you guys can order some (after we get our hugs and kisses, of course). Give Havish a big thanks from us for tying our paggan. Was good chillin with u guys. Great job on stage. See you again soon

Jessica

www.bigapplebhangra2011.com
That was such a sick performance, I really want to see the videos of the other teams that competed to see how JJ got third. Sheel and SRK were too sick =). Congrats boys !