• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

R.I.P Kaka Bhaniawala

Karandeep

RIP KAKA\

I remember watching an interview and he said hadnt released a song for a long time because had some problem. I try posting the link to the interview

Quote Punjab2000:
Kaka Bhaniawala passed away in hospital of the afternoon on 12/4/09 due to liver problems, he was suffering from Jaundice, and he caught a infection while having a blood transfusion. His funeral will be taking place today/ tomorrow in Punjab, India

karan923

Miss_C said:
Basim said:
COMTONDAJATT said:
Sucks. Alcohol claims another singer's life.

RIP
P.S. - This should serve as a LESSON to those whose life is consumed by alchohol instead of just a sad day to mourn. Punjabis in general need to start reflecting on their own lives more.
Couldn't have said it better than that...there's too many people within the indian society that don't tend to have a proactive approach to their lifestyles, which makes it unfortunate because if Kaka knew he had liver problems, the last thing he should have been doing was drinking...

+1

KalaShere

One of the first, but not the last...
:'( He will be missed and not forgotten...Rab Rakha
its a shame when someone's life gets cut short..(seems like just yesterday Surjit Bindrakhia and Soni Pabla left us as well)

rampur209

RIP he was star with the hit like wadiah sharbia, duru pe ke, nacha onda neh, jawani, sanewal chounk
hopefully his solo ablum be released and all the money raised from the ablum should go to his family.

RIP KAKA

oJaLa

Bhangra makes the world go round
Wow. That really is terrible. RIP.

It seems like the bigger problem occurred when the blood tranfusion happened. Still, shit like this makes you realize how serious alcohol consumption gets.

sumeet515

first i thought it was a rumour just like all those RIP jazzy b ones
but this was confirmed by chakdey
huge loss
RIP

joemojoe

http://www.punjab2000.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1519&Itemid=1

Cant believe hes gone......A small interview that took place in England with Kaka......Such a powerful voice....

Hundal

Kaka passed away at 4am in the morning in Punjab and was later cremated at 12pm noon. Kaka suffered from a disease called Peelia and was an occasional drinker but also a lack of rest contributed to his death. Kaka Bhaniwala was one of the finest Punjabi singers to have ever graced the music industry. With an outstanding, unique vocal ability, Kaka was the voice behind some of the greatest hits to have emerged in Punjabi/Bhangra music. Kaka's energetic, high pitched singing style became an attraction for Music Producers worldwide.

R.I.P Kakka Bhaniwala

Pallan

man this is so sad...
god really wants some singers up in heaven..first it was soni pabla then bindrakhia and now kaka... :'(
R.I.P

Zamunda

RIP to the legend Santokh Singh Rataurh.
Some of the most original and strongest vocals I have heard in years