• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

    New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Rivalries

mafzal

Judge / Dancer
Messages
2,098
Is there a team that you really just hate? Or you reeeally want to perform better than them? For any reason. No need to name specifics, but I'm wondering if there are indeed rivalries out there, amidst all this friendliness on BTF :) Be honest

For me I would definitely say YES there is one team that I just want to go out there and dance against them

Moderator's Note: Hate is a strong word. The topic itself is fine, but we don't want people to promote hatred.
 

Jeeti

New Member
Messages
974
I think teams in the same vicinity have "rivalries"...its not like theres any dislike to each other, but if you are representing the same area....you want to be the team that is associated to that region....I can go into examples...but I won't...

As far as problems between teams either with their personalities, or anything else...I always laugh when I hear of something like that...cuz really...its just bhangra (gasp, yeah i know i said it)...and you always want to place, but the only way you get any satisfaction out of competing against another team is if you end up placing ahead of them...AND even then...we know how many issues there are with judging...

In my opinion..even amidst all the friendliness on BTF...if you have a problem with another team, don't be stupid...avoid them if you have to, just go and rip that stage...and let the chips fall as they may....
 

Vick

Member
Messages
990
I'm pretty sure these are rivalries or once were rivalries:

1)Sher vs. Khalsa Junction
2)Gabroo Shokeen vs. Nachdi Jawani
 

msingh23

New Member
Messages
28
oldest rivalry in Toronto area, initially they started out as Can-Sikh bhangra, and eventually they split into two groups Rooh Punjab Dee and Nachdi Jawani
 

mafzal

Judge / Dancer
Messages
2,098
Jeeti said:
In my opinion..even amidst all the friendliness on BTF...if you have a problem with another team, don't be stupid...avoid them if you have to, just go and rip that stage...and let the chips fall as they may....
I agree, I would avoid them and focus on ripping the staaage. Can't wait to see "how the chips fall" heheheee ::)
 

Meistro

Asi Shounk Nu Karaiyaan Muschaan Kundiyaan...
Messages
2,065
i believe this thread is a bit inappropriate. Theres definately going to be teams that we don't like or we want to do better than. But I think posting on here about it can unecessarily bring tension amongst certain teams which nobody needs or wants.
 

Tuckerrrr

Member
Messages
321
all i know is uga football is ranked #1 in in the AP top 25 coaches poll. not florida, not auburn, not lsu, not tennessee, not south carolina, not georgia tech....if i forgot any of our other rivals, im sorry....ur not #1 either.

don't try us
 

Jeeti

New Member
Messages
974
Meistro said:
i believe this thread is a bit inappropriate. Theres definately going to be teams that we don't like or we want to do better than. But I think posting on here about it can unecessarily bring tension amongst certain teams which nobody needs or wants.
You are so sexy when you talk like that.
 

mafzal

Judge / Dancer
Messages
2,098
Meistro said:
i believe this thread is a bit inappropriate. Theres definately going to be teams that we don't like or we want to do better than. But I think posting on here about it can unecessarily bring tension amongst certain teams which nobody needs or wants.
I disagree. I specifically said not to name names, though some have been named. But I see no harm thus far :) The rest is cool talk, I mean let's be real there's gonna be rivalries if this forum can handle talking about 'em without any harm then why not let people talk.


ps - Yeah I won't use the word hate next time. Soorrrraayy
 

Meistro

Asi Shounk Nu Karaiyaan Muschaan Kundiyaan...
Messages
2,065
yeah i think the word "hate" really just rubbed me the wrong way. Bhangra is nothing but love :) Especially when people like Jeeti and Bobby are like the sexiest men alive when they do bhangra.
 

musafir12

New Member
Messages
210
haha ohhh
lol na bro its just wen i go to a topic jeeti usually has sumthing posted like tht there
its pretty funny mah bad if i scard u hahaha
 

zagreus

Active Member
Messages
1,473
Meistro said:
yeah i think the word "hate" really just rubbed me the wrong way. Bhangra is nothing but love :) Especially when people like Jeeti and Bobby are like the sexiest men alive when they do bhangra.
oh meistro and the game he spits.
 
Top