• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Toronto Elite Bhangra at Dhol Di Awaz 2009

Meistro

Asi Shounk Nu Karaiyaan Muschaan Kundiyaan...
One more thing.....I saw this performance in person, and you can't really tell from the video, but the dholi needs to play more kechkay...I felt like he played too soft.

Sarabjit

Meistro said:
One more thing.....I saw this performance in person, and you can't really tell from the video, but the dholi needs to play more kechkay...I felt like he played too soft.
I agree, didn't seem like he put all his energy into playing.

Govinda S

the sett was sickk dholi was buckk and i loved the singer :)....routine had very a different feel too it

Gurpal

damn that was a sickkk settt boyss u guys ripped it good jobb. Manna ur my idollll brooo

Kaur

manna and rahul ridiculous!!!!..Juggy awsome on dhol liek always. And vic too for pulling it off, even though u were dying:p

Jaskaran

real bhangra. it was calm, chill, normal formations, and clean.

no obscene energy or shit, they hit almost all the traditional points, and that singer....damn.

well deserved placing to all teams, traditional takeoverrrrrrr

ban3rg

this was a really good set. one of the most enjoyable non-indian live routines i've seen in a while. vardiyaan were sick, singer was great, and everyone had just the right amount of energy, grace, nakhra, and synchronization was there throughout. very impressive and well deserved 1st.

just wish their tumbi was more audible

lilballer2k6

nice set and execution, but didnt quite get the hype outta seein this from what i heard... it probably just me, but w/e

this was a sweet set for ur first competition...

msingh23

that was pure sex!!!..madd pump!!..i thought it was pretty damm cleann...singer was sickk tooo

Manu

liked how they tried out new formations live routines never incorporated before, but they were so sloppily done that half the time u couldn't figure out what they were.

singer was pretty good...intro was kick ass.

didnt feel any intensity from it tho. in fact at times it seemed pretty damn dead. maybe it was the fact that the dhol was real soft and there was no other background noise like algozeh or tumbi. since i havent seen all the dances, ill say placing at best, but def not first-worthy.

Jaskaran

you honestly had to be there in order to see why it was so good, after watching all the other teams and then a live set, OG boliyan, and keeping it real by hitting almost all the aspects of bhangra. The dhol in video isn't that good, and they had a toombi dude but you couldn't here em.