• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

    New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

wat do u do in the off season????

zagreus

Active Member
Messages
1,473
Bhangra doesn't end for me...
I don't know if there ever is an off season really. When the season ends...there's wedding season. Once wedding season is over, there's the bhangra season.

Because it's wedding season, i get to stretch my dhol abilities a little, and maybe try new things when it comes to bhangra stuff. Right now, I'm practicing for another team. But atleast it's not as hectic as the bhangra season...yet.
 

tonygarcha

New Member
Messages
67
when we take a break, we take a break, its good to get away from each other once in a while especially after spending almost 9-10 months seeing everyones face 4 times a week. also, tend to cut weight over summer because less excuses to drink and party, lol

but otherwise, everyone kind of does their own thing, kind of relax, get back to normal life with work, some school, other sports, etc....
 

zagreus

Active Member
Messages
1,473
tonygarcha said:
when we take a break, we take a break, its good to get away from each other once in a while especially after spending almost 9-10 months seeing everyones face 4 times a week. also, tend to cut weight over summer because less excuses to drink and party, lol

but otherwise, everyone kind of does their own thing, kind of relax, get back to normal life with work, some school, other sports, etc....
Very true. Nowadays...i just see people like once a week, instead of everyday. i can focus on my job and such...well, i KINDA focus on my job. i'm usually just on here
 

Gurvir

Member
Messages
704
there isnt really a break beside summer but in summer theres always a million weddings in surrey, abbotsford, vancouver, etc so we get some performances in
 

Kaur

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,294
We dont get a break either... we ended with bash in march, had a week off and started again with routines for both teams, and performances kick in. Receptions, fundraisers etc etc...honestly a week never goes by where we dont practise or have nothing to do regarding bhangra.
 

Meistro

Asi Shounk Nu Karaiyaan Muschaan Kundiyaan...
Messages
2,065
i become a hobbit and isolate myself from society :)
 

Bhinda

Elite Entertainment- DJ Binda
Messages
31
I think that a small break from Bhangra is good so you can recuperate and catch up on other things that you have to focus on. In reality, Bhangra season never ends though because you're always listening for songs that are sick that you can use in your next routine, or you're choreographing for the upcoming year's routine. Either way, I feel the off time adds tremendous excitement for the upcoming season for so many reasons. It's always exciting for me to see a team's new routine for the first time and what songs they dance to.
 

JSahota

New Member
Messages
189
we never really have an off season here, just because competitions are finished doesnt mean bhangra is always, we still have performances every weekend, teaching classes at the academy throughout the week, and sometimes just random practices
 

Arjun Barua

Member
Messages
650
Taiym?r said:
well i do parkour / free running, year round..i actually started bhangra when one of my good friends who used to do it with me moved to england and then i had no one to free run with haha...but when hes back in summer, we get it goin again

LE PARKOUR FTW!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7542352.stm
 

Temurzai

New Member
Messages
397
BRRUAH! said:
Taiym?r said:
well i do parkour / free running, year round..i actually started bhangra when one of my good friends who used to do it with me moved to england and then i had no one to free run with haha...but when hes back in summer, we get it goin again

LE PARKOUR FTW!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7542352.stm
arjun there is SO MUCH blasphemous information in that video on 'freerunning' you have no idea....the crew shown in that video is from Urban FreeFlow. they are total clowns...there is a big diff between free running and parkour. sebastian foucan (famous for his escape in casino royale) is a free runner, and david belle is the founder of parkour.

however, yes it is drawing quite the crowd as it has for years now lol europeans are used to it, americans are startin to get exposed to it more and more.
 

Arjun Barua

Member
Messages
650
Taiymur, I feel like this sport was made for me. I knew nothing about it before you mentioned it, so I looked it up, and now I wanna get into it. Any advice/tips/suggestions?
 

Meistro

Asi Shounk Nu Karaiyaan Muschaan Kundiyaan...
Messages
2,065
BRRUAH! said:
Taiymur, I feel like this sport was made for me. I knew nothing about it before you mentioned it, so I looked it up, and now I wanna get into it. Any advice/tips/suggestions?
dude I kno what you mean. Taimoor has me hooked!
 

Manjot

Active Member
Messages
2,058
Meistro said:
BRRUAH! said:
Taiymur, I feel like this sport was made for me. I knew nothing about it before you mentioned it, so I looked it up, and now I wanna get into it. Any advice/tips/suggestions?
dude I kno what you mean. Taimoor has me hooked!
wow its so crazy!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KSr1pozm6Y
this is sick
the dog chase at 3;50 lol
 

Jeeti

New Member
Messages
974
damn dude...the casino royale scene I saw and I was amazed. I also saw a Sportscience on the topic...I love that show has anyone seen it?
 

karan923

Member
Messages
534
HOLY S*** CAN HE JUMP FAR!!! He can probably jump over my house. CHECK THIS!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x98jCBnWO8w&feature=related


His balance is incredible.
 
Top