• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

    New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Jashan Results

AnnayPaul

New Member
Messages
90
"Why doesnt everyone jus grab a lighter, and roll that stickky ikki ikki " hahahaha ! nice ...
[/size]
[/size]can i get a shirt ?
[/size]
[/size]
[/size]haha jk
 

HarmanSingh

New Member
Messages
531
Canada,

Please stop taking yourself so seriously. You are not a big deal. None of you. Even if you won 20 competitions, no one cares. Does anyone remember who won some random BC competition 3 years ago? Two years ago? Last year? Hell I don't even know who half the teams who competed in this competition were. I don't think many people do.

Find something productive to do with your lives. None of you are as hard as you think you are, none of you are as important as you think you are, no one outside of your little BC circuit or Toronto circuit gives 2 sh*** about your beef or drama which is usually rooted in supposed "thugs" who have sensitive little hearts and get butt hurt over a little comment about their DANCING. You dance. You aren't UFC fighters. You aren't at war. You aren't involved in turf wars. This is dancing. Gain some perspective people.
 

gdholi7

Member
Messages
271
ENVY BANG-RUH said:
Why doesnt everyone jus grab a lighter, and roll that stickky ikki ikki and jus chill. If you aint one of those, pop open a bottle of Canada's finest daru aka Crown and drink that. If you aint one of those either, I'll buy you a pepsi so you arent left out. Everyone seriously should jus chill the fawk out.

Ive heard that name for PANJ a cuple times, and it makes me chuckle. Funny, yes!!! A bit childish, yes!!!

The question i reeli want to know, is this situation THAT SERIOUS, that a member or members on PANJ need to make threats of shooting someone on PCBCA?

hes accutally really close to me and hes not on pcbca hes on another team.....
 

ENVY BANG-RUH

Let the music move you!!!!!
Messages
1,151
gdholi7 said:
ENVY BANG-RUH said:
Why doesnt everyone jus grab a lighter, and roll that stickky ikki ikki and jus chill. If you aint one of those, pop open a bottle of Canada's finest daru aka Crown and drink that. If you aint one of those either, I'll buy you a pepsi so you arent left out. Everyone seriously should jus chill the fawk out.

Ive heard that name for PANJ a cuple times, and it makes me chuckle. Funny, yes!!! A bit childish, yes!!!

The question i reeli want to know, is this situation THAT SERIOUS, that a member or members on PANJ need to make threats of shooting someone on PCBCA?
hes accutally really close to me and hes not on pcbca hes on another team.....
I know, but i believe he has danced with you folks a few times, kinda like a soccer player on loan to another team kinda thing. And i jus like saying pcbca. lol
 

faizan

Just shut up and dance
Messages
1,736
Ok, let me get this straight, people actually spent money, and printed t shirts to hate on another team? haha, sad. it amazes me how small the worlds of some dancers are. I've had it with Canadian sportsmanship. Dancers from those regions disgrace bhangra with their lack of sportsmanship.
 

KushK

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,161
faizan said:
Ok, let me get this straight, people actually spent money, and printed t shirts to hate on another team? haha, sad. it amazes me how small the worlds of some dancers are. I've had it with Canadian sportsmanship. Dancers from those regions disgrace bhangra with their lack of sportsmanship.
HAHA DAMN WE DONT EVEN HAVE MONEY TO PRINT NEW T-SHIRTS FOR OURSELVES! lol
 

Ashveer

New Member
Messages
492
This is the first time I've read through this and I am not disgusted, but straight disheartened at how we are coming to deal with each other and ourselves.

First of all, its clear that either
A someone has a ton of cash and a shitload of ego/pride/hatred to give out shirts, or
B the groupthink/mob-mentality of the bhangra community has reached critical mass

If only the 100+ people who wore those shirts actually exuded some sort of POSITIVE energy into the bhangra circuit, I can only imagine how much better our subculture could be. If this kind of shit continues, I don't know how many of us will want to be a part of it.

Its fair to be upset at a team, but everyone needs to act their age! Why are you typing at your computer if all you're doing is hating? Go practice. We all get stereotyped as stupid drunk punjabi youth by the rest of the South Asian community, and stupid shit on facebook, printing hate-laced t-shirts, and threatening each other doesn't help.

Can you imagine being 15 and reading BTF (I was reading POL)? The community is supposed to evolve, but instead, we're marketing to kids that its cool to hate.

I have nothing but love for PANJ and some of their members have been there for me through thick and thin. All of us have people in our lives that we don't get along with, and its your choice to let it consume you. I don't know if this will be effective food for thought:
Kam (Lust), Krodh (Rage), Lobh (Greed), Moh (Attachment) and Ahankar (ego)

These are the canonical five evils that many of you will be familiar with. Looks like everyone needs a reality check in a big way (myself included).
 

Laddi

New Member
Messages
564
two thoughts came to mind:

1. There is absolutely no one in the Bhangra Community who is "unbiased".

2. It takes 2 hands to clap.

..............................................

On another note, congrats to the placing teams, and also congrats to Jashan Committee, seems like you guys threw a great competition! :)
 

faizan

Just shut up and dance
Messages
1,736
Oh and, PANJ is the shit. one of my favorite teams on the circuit!
 

Bharathi

Member
Messages
336
Hi all,

My two cents? Get ready to read!!!!!!!

The show started more or less on TIME! I lost a $100 bet to my cousin who was attending her first comp so I'm kinda choked about that but good on the organizers hahaha.

They had GHG bhangra as an exhibition, what a sick dholi they had!

AVA girls were the first competitive team. They have some cute gimmicks (the gun thing...I was taken aback haha) very cute. I noticed that some of their regulars were not on stage and it showed, a couple of girls were REALLY off, missed steps, turns, squats, and generally threw it off for me. I thought their performances at Pioneer and Rangla Punjab were way better. Regardless they still had a strong performance with a killer 1st jodi and lots of girls have improved a lot. If they keep going at the pace they are going, those new girls will catch up in no time and we'll have a killer force on our hands in terms of a real traditional all girls team. Congrats on your placing!

Shan E Punjab went second. The kids were sooooooooooooooooooo cute. Their formations looked better than at Rangla Punjab but were still a bit off, I think with a bit of work on some really minor details they will look really clean. Congrats on your placing!

ABC no bias but they were sick. They had a 12 man routine which is different from their usual 10 and it worked well for them. Their formations were clean and they had awesome gimmicks. I like their fast paced style and was engaged from beginning to end with their routine. They perfectly executed a complicated stunt at the very end and was it them that brought out the Calgary Flames flag? That got the crowd around me to jump on their feet and dance along to the rest of the routine.

PBA from California went next. They have a lot of potential it's hard to do a lot with a co-ed team of 8 but hey they are from a region that usually produces top tier bhangra teams so I'm not worried that they will improve leaps and bounds.

Jawani Revolution was an 8 man team from Toronto. They had cool footwork to that song mixed with easy e. The dancers weren't as in sync as they could be. They had a kabaddi gimmick right in the middle of their routine it kind of threw me off and broke their flow in my opinion. They had interestingly unique kato work as well, their end jumps were a bit sloppy. Considering where they are from I'm sure that they too will improve a lot, these dancers have tons of potential on their own but could dance well as a team in time.

PANJ was sickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk. They had a co-ed stunt in the mela scene that was sick, and a really unique clean starting formation with sapps, a nice change from a lot of the starting formation I was seeing all night. I was really really really impressed with their co-ed team. This is what I want to see more of from them (personal opinion) I really enjoyed their performance. Lots of nakhra and interaction between dancers which made it really enjoyable for everyone watching. Congrats on your placing, I'm proud of how far you've come!

Rangli Jawani Girls did great for a younger team! I think I remember hearing that a lot of these girls were still in high school so props to them for putting a competitive routine at such a young age.

Bhangra Republik went last. They had crazy crowd support. Great stamina from the pink jodi. They had a ton of cool gimmicks which I don't want to describe in case they want to use them again this season but I really enjoyed this performance. This team has tons of potential and I'm sure the North American circuit will see a lot more of them.

My placings would have been ABC 1st, PANJ 2nd and AVA/Shan E for 3rd. Don’t worry ABC you have a few more comps ahead of you and I’m confident in your winning abilities!

On a side note I only heard good things about the committee and their level of organization, even from teams that felt placings were unfair which says a LOT.

Afterparty was small (teams and invite only) at a great venue and tons of fun. No fights (that I saw) and friendly Calgarians at every corner!

Regarding this shirt thing, COME ON MAN! The first time I saw one I really had to bite my tongue to not lash out at the person wearing it, and their coach who offered me one. Being arrogant is a subjective thing but to think of the PANJ boys threatening someone? I know a lot of them personally and they are generally well mannered and friendly but that’s my opinion. Maybe if some of you have an issue with them you can ring up their captain and express your concerns like I have in the past with a minor issue, and try to sort it out. As for them threatening someone, straight up…I don’t believe you.

Can I just add that this is the exact sort of thing that really ruins XYZ activity because of politics for future generations? Do you really want our younger cousins/nieces/nephews/kids to shy away from bhangra because of BS like this? Give your head a shake.
 

sati.h

smile :)
Messages
3
Ashveer said:
If this kind of shit continues, I don't know how many of us will want to be a part of it.
kind of wanted to get my lil 7 yr old cousin into bhangra but this kind of stuff really makes me double think that...
 

Varun

Member
Messages
268
I think the most shocking thing out of all of this is that Harjot uses Firefox.

I would have assumed dude had already created his own super browser that picks up all bhangra videos, automatically converts them to HD, and has an alert for whenever an LBC jacking India performance surfaces.
 

Saab

Today is a gift
Messages
991
Ashveer said:
This is the first time I've read through this and I am not disgusted, but straight disheartened at how we are coming to deal with each other and ourselves.

First of all, its clear that either
A someone has a ton of cash and a shitload of ego/pride/hatred to give out shirts, or
B the groupthink/mob-mentality of the bhangra community has reached critical mass

If only the 100+ people who wore those shirts actually exuded some sort of POSITIVE energy into the bhangra circuit, I can only imagine how much better our subculture could be. If this kind of shit continues, I don't know how many of us will want to be a part of it.

Its fair to be upset at a team, but everyone needs to act their age! Why are you typing at your computer if all you're doing is hating? Go practice. We all get stereotyped as stupid drunk punjabi youth by the rest of the South Asian community, and stupid shit on facebook, printing hate-laced t-shirts, and threatening each other doesn't help.

Can you imagine being 15 and reading BTF (I was reading POL)? The community is supposed to evolve, but instead, we're marketing to kids that its cool to hate.

I have nothing but love for PANJ and some of their members have been there for me through thick and thin. All of us have people in our lives that we don't get along with, and its your choice to let it consume you. I don't know if this will be effective food for thought:
Kam (Lust), Krodh (Rage), Lobh (Greed), Moh (Attachment) and Ahankar (ego)

These are the canonical five evils that many of you will be familiar with. Looks like everyone needs a reality check in a big way (myself included).
Sick post Ashveer. Everythings been said. Its on everyone as an individual to stop the hate. Love the dance, love the people, and love the stage. We are all brought together by something we love and enjoy...dont tarnish that kinship with hatred and anger. Very soon we will on move on to other things, and this will only set you back as a person when you try to accomplish those things in the end.
 

ranjit singh

New Member
Messages
308
HarmanSingh said:
Find something productive to do with your lives. None of you are as hard as you think you are, none of you are as important as you think you are, no one outside of your little BC circuit or Toronto circuit gives 2 sh*** about your beef or drama which is usually rooted in supposed "thugs" who have sensitive little hearts and get butt hurt over a little comment about their DANCING. You dance. You aren't UFC fighters. You aren't at war. You aren't involved in turf wars. This is dancing. Gain some perspective people.
that's the truth
 

Pooja

I put the double o in cool.
Messages
932
Varun said:
I think the most shocking thing out of all of this is that Harjot uses Firefox.

I would have assumed dude had already created his own super browser that picks up all bhangra videos, automatically converts them to HD, and has an alert for whenever an LBC jacking India performance surfaces.
bahahaha
 

Dippy

New Member
Messages
327
Hahahahhahahhahaha ppl threatening lives over shirts...?
Bhangra is like a sport you all know that. There's always favorites and people always trash talk, you know if you've ever gone to any basketball, football, baseball game that ppl have negative team attire on....so what? PANJ take it as a compliment there's ppl out there that care about you enough to ACTUALLY go and get shirts printed and selling them....I'm sure they were pissed when you won :) enjoy it. Haters are always the biggest motivators let them do what they gotta do and you guys just keeping stacking your trophies.
 

Jason

New Member
Messages
303
Wow, just read over everything and all i can say is ..wow. Yeah we (pcbca) disliked panj...but i talked to my team about it and i even spoke to harkiran this past week to clear things up ...and now to have this come up again is shocking for me.

I saw the post lally made on facebook and that's what started pissing me off; like why the fuck is this shit happening on facebook and thats when i talked to my entire team about the whole panj thing and we all agreed there was no actual reason for us to hate on panj; Ieven spoke to harkiran about it. I saw gagan dholis post on facebook last night and asked him wtf he was doing and he told me "this is between me and people on panj and thats it; they said so n so about me; called me a phudu; etc etc" so if they actually said something to or about gagan they should man up and say it to his face at least...but thats for gagan dholi n panj to figure out.

As for my team and what they said and how they acted it was stupid and un called for; and everyone on the team knows that. But they can only learn from this. If people dont like panj then so be it; if people dont like pcbca then so be it; if people have personal problems with certain people on certain teams well get that shit cleared up...

And i know half my team will read this post in the next few hours and all i gta say to you guys is smarten up...
 
Top